ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated pad with standard disc

Hi,

One my way home from work today wuz racing a Vectra 2.5 GSI and I suffered from some major fade when braking hard. At the moment Ive still got the standard brake setup. Now that snag is I aint got much money at the moment so if I just bought some up-rated pads and kept the standard discs would I see a noticable difference???

The brake dust of standard brake pads is horrible.
Is Ferodo DS2000 or Mintex 1144 much better.

can someone let me know where i can order the ferrodo pads on-line and what is the correct model specification for my car...clio 1.4L 16v my2002...

thanks a lot in advance...

kona
www.renaultcarclub.com

Ad

MK2 FRS

EBC Green stuff. Heard its good, not tried them though. They claim to have reduced brake dust and less fade. About £40 for a set of pads I think.

mintex, EBC, and ferodo are what i have used....all on track days. I didnt rate EBC stuff at all....its cra, but either mintex or ferodo will do, as their the best, mintex is cheaper though.
Its really the pads that make the brakes, discs are not as important.

i had some mintex pads on my standard discs and after a good thrash i had a nice big crack on me disc and some melted brake pads
i think i got a bad batch because the ones i have no with my diamond black discs are fine