ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent 182 Owner Survey

1) Do you Live in City - Yes/No
2) If Yes, Why Do you own a 182?
3) Have you considered driving your car properly out of the city?
4) Have you considered derbyshire, staffordshire, yorkshire or scotland as your new residence to put your 182 back in its natural habitat?

/y0z

*y0z2a is not endorsing this car as it is over-weight, underpowered, rev-limited with bad brakes, rolly suspension and a terrible seating position.*

Lee

BMW M2C

Im sure you know my answers. LOL

*lee is not endorsing the 182, even though its quick, comfortable, capable on track as standard, refined, and full of nice toys, and doesnt wake people for miles around* ;) Forgot to say cheap.

insignia

1) No

My car gets to do what she wants,she goes on all her favourite roads and gets a good work out with some tight bends and hard moves.She always rides through the Ribble Valley which is full of suprises.

lol

*loony is buying but not endorsing the 182 but yozza should remember his cup had all the same traits before he removed half of the original parts and replaced 25% of the remaining ones with uprated or modified bits*

;)

Quote: Originally posted by big lee on 01 October 2004
My 182 is in its natural habitat- back at dealers. lol.

LMFAO

/y0z

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by big lee on 01 October 2004

My 182 is in its natural habitat- back at dealers. lol.
hahaha, when they sell them they should come with there own dealer parking bay for when it goes back. LOL

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 01 October 2004

4) Have you considered derbyshire, staffordshire, yorkshire or scotland as your new residence to put your 182 back in its natural habitat?

/y0z

*y0z2a is not endorsing this car as it is over-weight, underpowered, rev-limited with bad brakes, rolly suspension and a terrible seating position.*
1) Yes - and quite happy to stay there

2) Because I got tired of dumb ar$e men bullying and overtaking me in my 1.4 Si

3) I occasionally drive it around the South which is much nicer than the North

4) Why the hell would anyone want to move up North?

insignia

Because up North there is a thing called countryside,and lots of it.We have the best countryside over here,with far better roads,and lots of them which is something thats hard to find down south.

Lee

BMW M2C

People are really friendly up North. They would give you the shirt of their backs, unless you are in Liverpool or Manchester, which arent strictly Northern, there theyll nick the shirt off your back. ;)

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 01 October 2004

Because up North there is a thing called countryside,and lots of it.We have the best countryside over here,with far better roads,and lots of them which is something thats hard to find down south.
Oh, last time I drove around the South I am sure I saw countryside ;) I am sure y0z will be able to report back on Monday to let you know about his trip down South...

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

ever heard of kent......the garden of england......???

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yes
So i can take it to trackdays with other idiots, err i mean like minded people.
3) Have you considered driving your car properly out of the city?Yes i do it everyday 80mile b-road trip
4) Have you considered derbyshire, staffordshire, yorkshire or scotland as your new residence to put your 182 back in its natural habitat?No.

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba 182 on 01 October 2004
Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 01 October 2004Because up North there is a thing called countryside,and lots of it.We have the best countryside over here,with far better roads,and lots of them which is something thats hard to find down south.[/QUOTE]ever heard of kent......the garden of england......???

no, we are from the north, we dont know anywhere south of Birmingham.

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by Arianne on 01 October 2004
Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 01 October 2004Because up North there is a thing called countryside,and lots of it.We have the best countryside over here,with far better roads,and lots of them which is something thats hard to find down south.[/QUOTE]Oh, last time I drove around the South I am sure I saw countryside ;) I am sure y0z will be able to report back on Monday to let you know about his trip down South...

I was told "you are not allowed to drive, because youll be tired and drive to quickly to allow for the horses on the road???"

*shakes head*

/y0z

Arctic Blue 182

/y0z

1. Yes - Sheffield
2. Because I only live half an hour from the Peak District, which is what the 182 was made for
3. Yes. See above.
4. Yes. See above.

Clio 182

I was told "you are not allowed to drive, because youll be tired and drive to quickly to allow for the horses on the road???"

*shakes head*

/y0z
Well some of us prefer to drive at a sensible speed and use the brakes instead of hitting the animals...

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 01 October 2004

Yes
So i can take it to trackdays with other idiots, err i mean like minded people.
3) Have you considered driving your car properly out of the city?Yes i do it everyday 80mile b-road trip
4) Have you considered derbyshire, staffordshire, yorkshire or scotland as your new residence to put your 182 back in its natural habitat?No.
And what top b roads they are too! :D

Anything from the fleet

/y0z

1) Yes, but Im half an hour away from great driving roads
2) See 1)
3) Yep, when I go and visit my mum I have 250 miles of great driving roads
4) I live in Scotland, the greatest racing circuit of all!

can anyone tell im over the moon with my new toy?! :D

[/QUOTE]1)  I occasionally drive it around the South which is much nicer than the North4)  Why the hell would anyone want to move up North?
[/QUOTE]

cos the north has cold beer and isnt infested with southern puffs!!!!!!

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 01 October 2004
1) I occasionally drive it around the South which is much nicer than the North

[/QUOTE]

What is a southern puff? :confused: Is this some strange Northern expression?

From a Southerner, just off to have a nice cold beer...

insignia

Quote: Originally posted by Arianne on 01 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 01 October 2004
1) I occasionally drive it around the South which is much nicer than the North

What is a southern puff? :confused: Is this some strange Northern expression?

From a Southerner, just off to have a nice cold beer...

[/QUOTE]Make sure you take at least a fiver then:cry:

Nope dont live the city, whats the fun in driving any car around a city let alone one that is primarily design for B-Road Blasts!

Its just a shame so many other people seem to live in the country these days, how dare they fill the many miles of sweeping country roads with their oversized and ugly SUVs!

7.6cc :D

Ever heard of Dudley? the garden of ......................erm.........currys!

Mercedes SLK350

They cancelled my own private parking bay at dealers, they now come to my house to do the work. This is an effort to stop inconveniencing me. Dont think they will ever be able to put in enough effort to make it up to me.

Clio 182

I was convinced that they only drank shandy in the south.

/y0z
y0z - you are the only person I know to drink shandy...

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by dan_mk1nova on 01 October 2004

Ok, enjoy your pie and mash and proper beer. Well done bestest north!
I have never eaten pie and mash in my life... its not like Eastenders in South West London...

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 01 October 2004

Ever heard of Dudley? the garden of ......................erm.........currys!

I live near Dudley it smells lovely on Fridays and saturdays, I goto the countryside at weekends so I can see white people again, but theyre all a blur from my 182. lol

VaVa

I live in Staffordshire. The peaks are only 20 minutes away from me. The 182 will be making regular trips up there as my current 172 does now. Im not Northern and Im not Southern. Im a Midlander (which is probably considered northern by the Southeners - there is life beyond the Watford gap you know!!) meaning Im blessed with a neutral sounding Staffordshire accent.

I dont live in a city, and never will do. Dont get me wrong, I like Cities but couldnt live in one. I only ever see tramps when Im in a city. Which is reason enough.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 01 October 2004 at 2:35pm]

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I live miles away from the nearest City in a small town/Village up North.

I did the living in the South (London) thingy and couldnt wait to get back up North.It was a pain in the arse having to crawl through London just to find a road to go faster than 20mph on with countryside views.I see that every single time i get in my car now :) B roads rule where i live and the 182 loves it.Dont do sitting in traffic wondering why on Earth i have a quick car chomping at the bit to give it some ;)

If i was forced to move back to London id sell up and get a Lambretta :cool: