ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT: 182 Turini Cup Alloys Fitting Problems

Ive just been told my Turini's from a cup wont fit my 182FF. Apprently the wheels wont sit center on the hub!

Is there anything special i need to fit them on?

Advice needed asap guys as my car is in and i need to ring them the info.

Cheers in advance

might be due to incorrrect offset- this may cause the wheels to be touching the shock or another part in the wheel arch?

Indeed they are.

So no special bolts are needed? Its just weird that they didnt sit right..

Damnit. This isnt good.

they should sit fine on the hub, however you might need spacers to move them out from the hub a little. (depending on which direction the offset is wrong in?)

EDIT just seen your post. Well they should just go straight on then tbh.

Lionel Richie
^na 172 cup wheels on a 182 sit further out

stock 182 is ET45, cup is ET38.5, so 6.5mm further out per side

I didn't think the backs of the wheels should ever be painted and lacquered as it could ruin the fine tolerance they have for fitting square on the hub.

Are you able to get them on the hub at all? or once on are they wobbling?

The car itself isnt down that much so i cant see the problem with that respect.

Its just that the alloys wont sit right ont he hub.

Something is amiss...or im a fool. :dapprove:

^^ ask fred mate he'll know, but I would guess that some paint had set in a drip or similar ununiform finish causing the wheel to not sit true. This could also be effecting the tight fit onto the hub - just my guess?

+ is it every wheel??

Possibly.

Luckly i know the tyre bloke well so ill ask him to hold back for awhile.

Pretty concerned about it all though tbh..

You didnt answer your PM's..:dapprove:

I got a good price in the end though. And im more then happy with the result.

Just need the damn things on the car now otherwise i'll be getting glass sheets and using them for table stands! :cool:

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I didn't think the backs of the wheels should ever be painted and lacquered as it could ruin the fine tolerance they have for fitting square on the hub.

Are you able to get them on the hub at all? or once on are they wobbling?

The mating surface between the alloy and hub needs to be unpainted and 'flat'......

Also I fitted my new turinis from speedline........cup ones have 38.5 offset, and my new ones are 35.....and they have a slightly wider track.....

So smaller number for offset = wider track (alloy sits farther out)

The mating surface between the alloy and hub needs to be unpainted and 'flat'......

Also I fitted my new turinis from speedline........cup ones have 38.5 offset, and my new ones are 35.....and they have a slightly wider track.....

So smaller number for offset = wider track (alloy sits farther out)

Anything to suggest for a poor turini-less 182 owner? :dapprove:

put the wheel on and tighten opposing corners bit by bit, the bolts will pull the wheel on straight

before putting them on it may be worth rubbing them down with some dremel action ;) inside - especially is you can see a nonuniform finish with the naked eye? (just on the face that fits onto the hub face!)

Last edited:
Fred.

Mind if i bring a wheel down for you to take a look at? The tyre place is at a loss and i need to ensure that fitting the wheels on with no support of the hub is the right way to go around this.

Cheers.