ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent advice on brakes needed

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
im taking the calipers off to paint them while im puttin braided lines on, so thought id bleed some of the brake fluid out so dont get so much on the ground. started on the front driverside and sheared the bleed nipple off. f**k. is it still alright to drive? no brake fluid is coming out and im thinking of changing the lines anyway, and bleeding the system as well as i can with the other three nipples until i can get to mark fish on the wkend, will i be able to do this?

any advice greatly appreciated cheers!

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
just spoke to mark fish and renault charge 50quid per caliper on exchange. had a go at the other side and thats pretty rusted up aswell. im hopeing wd40 will loosen it up

Lionel Richie
£38 actually ;)

NEVER EVER EVER EVER drain the fluid out!! you'll struggle to get the air back out of the abs pump

CB600FS
£38 actually ;)

NEVER EVER EVER EVER drain the fluid out!! you'll struggle to get the air back out of the abs pump

mite be a silly question but how do you remove brake lines without draining the fluid out :)

Just change the lines quickly, you'll get messy. What Freds saying pretty much is keep the resevoir topped up so your just forcing old fluid out with new, if you drain the system its a b**ch to get the fluid through.

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
cheers guys, ive left it on axle stands overnight, ill switch the lines over as fast as i can 2moro and bleed it as best i can till saturday when mr fish puts the new caliper on!

oh its FF btw foxon

Best bet wil be to pull the piston out on the caliper slightly, then when you screw the line back on, leave it slightly loose and press the piston back in so any air comes out between the caliper and the hose.

J

Jim NM

if you change the caliper you just need to clamp the pipe no need to drain system. My nipples broke off on my R5 tubby Very painful brittle nipples LOL
:) I dare not bleed the fronts for fear of them snapping too. To get round bleeding the system I wedged the brake bias lever forward, and bled the system from the new rear calipers I fitted. The brakes were excellent. You can also buy a pressure bleed kit from Machine Mart ( I didn't bother though) as I managed to expell the air through the rear bleed nipples.