ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent - Fitting lower engine mount bushes?!?!?

172 Mk2 Ph1
Purchaced these from K-Tec racing, purple ones, garage tried to fit them and said that one was too smaall and one was too big!!!!

I have a Mk2 Ph1 172 x reg Jan 2001

I thought they were supposed to fit all 172's, what should I do now?? Why dont they fit... From the picture on K-Tecs website I don't see how you could get them the wrong way round, has anyone fitted these experienced the same problems?

Thanks

Alex

Da

Less
Aren't the ph1 172 and ph2 172 bushes totally different? I'm sure someone had a similar prob before...

172 Mk2 Ph1
I told K-tec that I had a phase 1 in the order, and have emailed them now to get them to send the right part. Cheers guys, back in to the garage again...

172 Mk2 Ph1
Spoke to K-Tec, only do one size of uprated bushes, turns out I have the straight not the twisted bar and thats why the bushed were the wrong size as they are only designed for the twisted bar, new twisted dogbone or whatever the hell its called was £33.68 inc VAT, all gonna be fitted asap, twisted bar arriving tomorrow. I hope this solves the problem!!

Thanks for your help everyone Edde and everyone.

172 Mk2 Ph1
The plot thickens, found out that my car would have originally been fitted with the twisted mount and someone must have changed it for the straight bar as the twisted ones had a tendancy to snap!! So I now have the new straight bar with the standard mounts included and some uprated bushes for the twisted one, does anybody potentially want them, p.s. is all this ringing any bells for anyone, as it seems all a bit complicated and confused to me!!!

alexst said:
The plot thickens, found out that my car would have originally been fitted with the twisted mount and someone must have changed it for the straight bar as the twisted ones had a tendancy to snap!! So I now have the new straight bar with the standard mounts included and some uprated bushes for the twisted one, does anybody potentially want them, p.s. is all this ringing any bells for anyone, as it seems all a bit complicated and confused to me!!!
Yep unusal to change to the stright bar but still.

Stick it on the for sale area.

172 Mk2 Ph1
What the hell is this, part no: 6 000 073 662.

The bushes are facing the same direction, how the hell is that gonna fit!?

I have been told by renault that you can't order the twisted ones anymore!!

Which one is better to have, the original twisted one with uprated mounts or the straight one with standard mounts as shown below, renault say they upgraded to?

+ will this fit without extra brackets to accomodate for the directional issue of the bushes!!!

Thanks for all your help eddie, on the updide I managed to change the throttle cable, my first bit of mechanis, and to be fair it did take about 1 1/2 hours, it was ard to feed the new cable through! But its solved the heavy stick accellerator problem so well chuffed.

Attachments

• dbm1.JPG
    dbm1.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 51
  • dbm2.JPG
    dbm2.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 51
You'll need the other bit that dogbone attaches to which inturn attaches to the gearbox.
Its the one with two bolts.

BTW the bolt holding the dog done to the shell and the bolt holding the dogdone to the mount which holds it to the gear and the 2 bolts holding the mount to the gearbox are all done upto 62NM +-10%

172 Mk2 Ph1
Nice one edde your a superstar, renault are useless, they categorically said that I dont need anything else to attach it even after I told them what you had said, any ideas of a part number for this bracket so it will make things easier when I call on Monday?

I'm surprised the parts still not it stock it was not so long ago from what I remember. ALos they usualy keep a decient stock or make noted on the parts saying superceeded by part number x/y/z etc and you need the y/z parts to make it work.

Its the part in the picture no part number sorry. Try Matt on 01254386661 he'll have a second hand one in stock if there pricy.

Attachments

• dogbone mount.JPG
    dogbone mount.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 55