ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT help needed

RB 197 Cup
ive got a problem my tailgate wont shut. i had to take the lock off because something was rattling around and when i put it back in thats when it wouldnt shut. ive tried putting it back together but each time it doesnt work.

Can anyone help me please i need the car on monday so got 2moro to fix the problem

thanks

James

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You may have over adjusted the lock, look at the paint to see where the bolts were before you took it apart, and put it back in the same place.

as brian says there is a very small position where it will lock,had it with my vtr,managed to make mine lock tighter :)

BMW M3
Haha.... yeah, i was at a party once and was a bit sozzed.... went to get something out my boot and somehow managed to lock it before closing.

Next day in my hung over state, didnt manage to work it out until about 70 miles in to my journey home when i though " i wonder if i locked it before closing." Pulled over, unlocked it with my key, shut the boot properly at last and off i went. lol

RB 197 Cup
well i undid the lock took it out of hole in the tailgate then put it back tightened it up and it wouldnt close.also the button was really stiff.does anyone have any clue on how to put the lock back together.i took it all apart and put it back to what i thought was right but still didnt work.

BMW M3
Dont know how to put it together but what i was saying is, leave it in there and just try move the clip/lock inside with a key or something pointy. Would it not be stiff because it is locked. See what i mean ?