ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help please...best insurance company for 182's!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think i've found the right car now, i'm viewing it on Sunday with the intention of leaving a large deposit and picking it up when my RS-1 has gone.

I just wondered if anyone has the same stats as me...

'05 plate 182 FF

Standard factory spec

i'm 22

i have been driving for 5 years

and have 4 years NCB...

i would want fully comprehensive cover too.

does anyone know of any insurance companys that are friendly with young 182 owners?

i've been quoted £1550 from my current insurer (privilege) and i think that sounds a bit excessive, considering i pay a lot less for the RS-1.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Chris

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Just go through confused mate. I only ay 1k fully comp on my sx and i'm 21! £1500 is steep!

Leon Cupra R 225
Confused charge extra ontop I believe, best to go on the site of the cheapest insurer it brings up and specify the insurance in more detail. Works for me. Im with admiral but not on a Clio lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
postcode in bolton will be the issue chris.

didn't move there mate, long story lol

postcode is now Lymm, Cheshire... not exactly rough. pretty leafy, rural area.

the RS-1 was garaged though, now i have an apartment so it's in a 'secure car park' locked gates etc.

i've been quoted £1550 from my current insurer (privilege) and i think that sounds a bit excessive, considering i pay a lot less for the RS-1.

I'm with them currently and I've used them in the past (back as long ago as my 5 turbo) and they have always been good on price. Only thing to do is keep ringing round, I used to make about 20 calls each time I renewed to get my premium down but now I'm an old git it's not as hard.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Confused charge extra ontop I believe, best to go on the site of the cheapest insurer it brings up and specify the insurance in more detail. Works for me. Im with admiral but not on a Clio lol

No they dont. The insurance companies pay to be on their site.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
howards with privilege - £1,300 21 with 2 yrs NCB, the absolute cheapest quote by far, the rest were £2,200+

^Virgin and Directline weren't too bad for me either, 1550 + 1650. Could be cheaper for u with 4yrs ncb.

LY V6 with Recaros
Admiral and elephant were cheapest for me last year, I was 23, 4 ync, driving 5 years, 3 points, was £700.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Flux? 24, 6 years driving, 4 years NCB, 697 fully comp' with all mods covered and 15 excess.

VRS
flux for me aswell! 25, 5yr ncb, 500 fully comp with induction, exhaust, remap, coilies, aftermarket seats declared, 250 excess and protected ncb :)

Black Mk2 172
23 , 3yrs NCB 750ish with tesco fully comp, greenlight also gave me a quote around that price aswell , cant be alot of difference between 172/182 insurance?

L

lenny85

try admiral or elephant mate i'm 21 with 2yrs ncd fully comp costs me 1100 quid for a 182 cup!:cool:

im with flux purely because they dont charge a lot for mods.

27, 5 years no claims protected, Ph2 172 FF, Loads of Mods, 9 points for speeding, LOL. Fully Comp with Euro Breakdown cover, £1052.

tiTTy & SV650
£440 @ 25, 5 years NCB protected on a 182.

Elephant / Admiral etc.

Greenlight are doing me a quote though.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

27, 5 years no claims protected, Ph2 172 FF, Loads of Mods, 9 points for speeding, LOL. Fully Comp with Euro Breakdown cover, £1052.
That seems a bit steep mate. I pay £697 with Flux, all mods declared, 24, 4 years NCB, 0 points.

Although i'm not sure how much they charge for the protection, Euro cover or 9 points LOL.

That is in Garforth BTW.

Inferno 182

That does seem a little high as I was paying £800 for a slightly modded impreza when I was 26. It must be you points that put it up so much.:(

Im 28 now and cant get my 182 below £450:dapprove:

Ive tried

Direct line
elephant
Admiral
norwhich Union
confused
Egg
They all want £600+!!!!

Is there anyone over 26 that have got decent quotes on a 182??

Octavia VRS
I got a good quote from Elephant:

£450 for me and the missus, both 25, car parked in residential parking area behind our flat, 2 yrs no claims, standard 182

Only £50 more for a CTR too

ITB BG 182
im with direct line an only been driving 36 months plus have a 182 ff park at the end of the road + standard alarm an 24 now an pay 982 per year also got 18k miles on the insurance