ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Urgent] Intermittent Brake Failure Ph2 172

Ph2 172
Keeping this brief as I'm in a rush.

Just changed Rear discs and now I'm getting intermittent total brake failure, feels like the ABS is pushing up against my foot, not pulsing at all, just feels rock solid.

Took the car for a drive after changing the discs and about 15 mins in the ABS & SERV lights came on. I pulled over, turned car on and off and they went, came back on another 15 mins later. Pulled out of a tight junction while the lights were still 'off' had foot hard down then went to tap the brakes to trim some speed to merge onto a major road. This was when the brakes 'failed' and the pedal was solid.

I kept light pressure on the brakes, dropped a gear and as I let the clutch pedal out the brakes returned ie. went soft under my foot.

I've played around with the brake pedal switch and that appears to have stopped the ABS & SERV lights but after taking it for another drive I've managed to recreate the 'failure' about 2 times out of 20.

ABS rings are intact, cleaned the discs with brake cleaner, had no issues prior to changing brakes.

RSTuner was showing DF0135 Brake Information Fault Memory but this has gone after playing with brake light switch.

Thanks in advance!

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
If pedal was rock solid... either you are loosing the Vacuum to the servo..... or you have a faulty ABS pump & the solenoids are possibly jamming in it, causing you not to have any pedal movement.

Ph2 172
Thanks mate.

Driving to work just now I was having the same issue (only when provoked) and the ABS & SERV lights came on about 10 mins in. I've also notice that I can feel the ABS firing under medium to heavy braking. It's the same feeling as when a wheel lifts off the ground.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Hi all,
I had this problem the other day! Really gave me a scare after picking it up from a garage after some work,
i supplied some rear discs pads abs rings and bearings ect, mintex from eBay.
well after being told my servo is not working abs pump is not working, I have an air leak I found out that the abs rings on the discs have 48 teeth and threw the abs sensors out!
I tapped the rings of bought some 44 tooth rings chucked them In the oven little bit of lube and tapped the back on.
hope this works for you aswell