ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent Wheel help

VRS, 200CUP, S1
i have a set of rota grids (16x7, 4x100 et40) and when i put them on my car the rear caliper hit the rim so put 8mm of spacers on the rear, but the wheel has slight rub on the arch when suspension is compressed.

Can i grind down my calipers about 3mm to rectify?? or any other solutions? a rear slim wilwood kit??

please help with suggestions/solutions!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I don't have a clue, especially with out seeing it, I guess it depends on where you are taking the 3mm from exactly. Although tbh I wouldn't wanna shave anything off the callipers.

How about trying less spacers? Maybe you have already and 8mm is the min you need to get clearance.

What size wheels are u coming from?

ph2 172 and 106 gti
Bit of an odd problem, usally have a problem with wheels not clearing the front calipers not the rear,

i would also imagine your car most be very low to catch with 8mm spacers??

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
Wrong offset by any chance?, I'm running 15's at et45 (correct offset for a 182) and they clear the front and the rears by miles!