ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgently need replacement cat and centre box for 182 - reasonable prices?

Clio 2.0 182 Sport
UK Assistance took my 182 in for repair two weeks ago today, snapped my exhaust at the cat and are claiming it was like that when they took the car from me :mad: I've been stuck without a car for nearly a week now as Churchill wouldn't extend the courtesy car period during my complaints investigation against the garage. So I urgently need replacement parts - a cat and a centre box. I was going to get a whole new exhaust system but the tailpipes are absolutely fine and I think it'll be easier to claim the money back from the garage if i replace just the damaged parts.

Found a cat for £110 brand new through ebay, not sure whether that's a reasonable price?

Also, i need the centre box (the bit straight after the cat) as that has some damage to it, too. Someone told me to look for a centre box/exhaust middle section but someone else said to look for a centre silencer. Checked on Renault Parts Gateway and both come up in the list, so i'm assuming they're two different things? Bit confused after what I've been told by different people!

Photo just in case i've confused anyone, need the part in the top of the pic after the cat: :eek:
IMG-20120417-00297.jpg

Advice and help greatly appreciated! :D:D:D

172/1.2/E30
What's wrong with the cat? Just a damaged rear flange? Get some exhaust piping and clamps, cut the flange off and replace the middle silencer with a self-made straight-through section. Cheap repair and might improve your exhaust noise aswell. OEM Renault exhausts are expensive and rot really quick.