ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Used the PC today for the 1st time!

NXT is the only wax Ive got at the mo.

Found it a bit weird to use for the first 5 mins (note to self, switch on PC when in contact of car :oops: ) then after that its a piece of p!ss to use. :D

sorry chap, right well topping of with another coat of nxt wont hurt, i did it with mine, it ensures uniform coverage to.

i really am amazed with your results, really good job for first time

lol, well looks good enough now, i keep running out to dry mine, but then it keeps raining on it, im going to give up in a minute

182cup

can u use tht pc on awkward bits like the bumpers/tops of the doors/side skirts/bump strips etc, pads look quite big for all these bits and if you can explain the best way to do it

hey, yes use the 4" pads, or you can even use the 6" on there edges, its quite easy, i worried about the same thing but was ok when i did it

you thinking of buying one

182cup

Very tempted just trying to convince my wife she thinks i do a good enough job without one. also go back and look at 182vs182cup topic closed i was waiting for a response ;)

Quote: Originally posted by mark.cup on 08 May 2005

Very tempted just trying to convince my wife she thinks i do a good enough job without one. also go back and look at 182vs182cup topic closed i was waiting for a response ;)
were was the thread ?

ahh, yeh just found it, hey im loving the torque, but need to put some miles on the car before i start playing

Quote: Originally posted by jay on 07 May 2005

Still waiting for my big order from Serious Performance, and really wanted to use the PC (Porter Cable) for the 1st time. So I used it with a few things I had in the cupboard.

Washed with NXT, then Meguiars #83 cleaner/polish, Meguiars step 2 polish and topped it off with NXT tech wax.

Ended up polishing it in the garage :)

And the result is.................

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/JasonJeavons/pcd182001.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/JasonJeavons/pcd182002.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/JasonJeavons/pcd182003.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/JasonJeavons/pcd182006.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/JasonJeavons/pcd182005.jpg

:D Well Chuffed!

or you could say you are well buffed! ;)

182cup

Blue always on autopia so seen lots of very nice pictures how does it compare to the 182 honest opinion and sorry for going of topic

182cup

I cant remember where it was done but it was less than 1 hour from exeter, very good recommended 4 bar fuel regulator to give him even more power and put the new 4 bar map on, also he had a free trial first but it was very different to the real program trial was highly boost spiked to make you buy it but ran out of steam very quickly now he has a good even spread of power

Blue always on autopia so seen lots of very nice pictures how does it compare to the 182 honest opinion and sorry for going of topic
well im very happy, its only got 15 miles or so on it , so its hard to tell now, but it pulls hard, and 3rd gear acceleration is amazing, it seems to corner as well as the 182, although power steering hides a bit of the feeling., everything else just feels better built than the 182, even the paint is better, with the 182 if you caught the paint it would mark, well the paint on the cupra seems alot harder to mark

im happy with the swop, hopefully it will be more reliable than the 182 was too, suppose time will tell, i just need to get the pc on it now

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

My Special Performance order should be coming next week! Cant wait! My car is looking shockingly crap lol!

I cant remember where it was done but it was less than 1 hour from exeter, very good recommended 4 bar fuel regulator to give him even more power and put the new 4 bar map on, also he had a free trial first but it was very different to the real program trial was highly boost spiked to make you buy it but ran out of steam very quickly now he has a good even spread of power
yeh i thought about the trial, but will just go for it i think, but i want the switch so i can turn it off ;)

182cup

You will need that for when the wet stuff comes down 300 ft lb of torque front wheel drive plus rain = disaster

You will need that for when the wet stuff comes down 300 ft lb of torque front wheel drive plus rain = disaster
yeh and when it goes to the dealer, do you know how the switch works, does your bro have one

182cup

No he doesnt i think you get a divice that plugs in to the diagnotsic port to change programs for extra cost sps1 or something like that. most seat dealers are ok my brother just had warranty work done to the clutch and they didnt say a thing some dealers offer chips any way

Quote: Originally posted by <KLB> on 08 May 2005
how long did that take, it looks totally stunning!

Cheers! I spent about 5-6 hours on it.

oooh, nice again, is it swirl free, your getting realy good results to say you havnt got the proper polishes

anyone else want a pc drop me a pm and i will sort you disount/tips etc

182cup

what products did you use dacp (83) again, looks very good can you really get swirl marks out a few people on the autopia forum say you need a rotary polisher to shift them

I used Megs 83 cleaner / polish, Megs deep crystal (step 2) polish and Megs NXT tech wax. It would be really hard work I reckon to get swirls out by hand.