ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Martin_172's Twingo GT TCE

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
wp000100rj.jpg

wp000101z.jpg

wp000111x.jpg

wp000113a.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Vinyl is going back on when new stuff arrives the pressure washer took a chunk out it lol

Spacers will be ordered once my r888's are on the f1s and ill see what i think i need

gonna stick a set of 182 injectors on it and watching a few megane 225/230 intercoolers on ebay as they pop up cheap and the pipework isnt a problem for me to sort out, that way i can get a nice 130-140bhp with similar torque levels to what ive got the now. then its getting left at that! lol dont want to end up pushing it to hard and before i know it my cheap runabout is doing 28mpg, throwing pistons for fun and burning clutches out lol

you should talk your Mrs into getting an RS tuner for the wind!, get the map on it, sell the RS tuner and boom, loads of extra torque for around £150!

I really would get a rstuner for a cheap bit of extra power but we are selling it soon so it's a no go :(

Cant wait to see the little twingo on the F1s & now it on coilovers it's going to look very cool :cool: Shame the st intercooler was too big, you going to look for a cheap one off a Megane instead? Are you sticking with the rstuner once you've fitted 182 injectors or taking it to Rs tuning?

Ive got a real soft spot for these twingos now, my mates got a gordini 133 on turinis & springs & I love how chunky it looks.

83D73007-BF83-48A7-8E96-2DC985D1F932-9235-000002E0747B73E6_zps09b64968.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I really would get a rstuner for a cheap bit of extra power but we are selling it soon so it's a no go :(

Cant wait to see the little twingo on the F1s & now it on coilovers it's going to look very cool :cool: Shame the st intercooler was too big, you going to look for a cheap one off a Megane instead? Are you sticking with the rstuner once you've fitted 182 injectors or taking it to Rs tuning?

Ive got a real soft spot for these twingos now, my mates got a gordini 133 on turinis & springs & I love how chunky it looks.

the ST intercooler could have been fitted if I was willing to chop bits and piece off the bumper, inner grill etc which you wouldn't have noticed once the bumper was on but still not something I wanted to do so yeah it was a no go. Im not sure what I want to do to be honest about the intercooler, the standard one isn't a bad size its just in a strange location, its in the passengers side directly behind the arch liner, the liner has a grill in it to let air flow through but not a great deal gets into it airflow wise so I was thinking of removing the passengers side fog light and making some sort of cool duct but only if I could make it look functional rather than just look like the car was missing a foglight!

Once the 182 injectors are in im going to RS Tuning as if I want to use the RSTuner id need to trade it for one with a wideband sensor etc and its going to work out about the same cash so im just as well going down to RS Tuning to get the maximum power live map I can!

Decat downpipe is on route from Protoxide in Italy as we speak so ill get that on, decide what im doing intercooler wise then get it down to RS Tuning.

On the plus side too the insurance is due next month and got my renewal quote at £243 for the year!

Twingo GT
your pushing me towards modding just to whoop your ass boyo lol

yeah loving it so far!, yeah they were pushing injectors to near the 130bhp mark but now its found the 182 ones fit straight in, few guys are running 160hp+ but its not really known what the internals are rated for, an extra 60% more power is pushing it imo, renault arnt really known for over engineering haha!

Sorry Martin just saw this, I use to own a Twingo GT and brought it to RS tuning Leeds to fit me some 182 injectors and asked them to map it and they managed 132bhp and 147lbs/ft.

There isn't a twingo GT running over 160bhp and the turbo is rated to 150bhp but you will need a new fuel pump as the standard one starts to max out around 135-140ish.

On a standard you will only be able to achieve 120bhp as they will be maxed out of their duty cycle.

There is only one person I know of who has proven they are running over 140bhp was a guy who took his Clio TCe to get remapped by Ktec when he uprated his fuelling system, turbo and an intercooler and he made 163bhp iirc but his torque was all over the place and the clutch was slipping so he got a new clutch and sent that away to get uprated.

Ever since he posted the initial RR graphs and this he never posted anymore updates so I'm guessing he realised how much money he wasted then bought a bigger car :lol:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry Martin just saw this, I use to own a Twingo GT and brought it to RS tuning Leeds to fit me some 182 injectors and asked them to map it and they managed 132bhp and 147lbs/ft.

There isn't a twingo GT running over 160bhp and the turbo is rated to 150bhp but you will need a new fuel pump as the standard one starts to max out around 135-140ish.

On a standard you will only be able to achieve 120bhp as they will be maxed out of their duty cycle.

There is only one person I know of who has proven they are running over 140bhp was a guy who took his Clio TCe to get remapped by Ktec when he uprated his fuelling system, turbo and an intercooler and he made 163bhp iirc but his torque was all over the place and the clutch was slipping so he got a new clutch and sent that away to get uprated.

Ever since he posted the initial RR graphs and this he never posted anymore updates so I'm guessing he realised how much money he wasted then bought a bigger car :lol:

you must have only been running a standard car pplus injectors to get only 130bhp?

with mine running FMIC, Decat, Injectors, Filter, Fuel pump there is no reason why it wont be able to achieve high 140's.

There is 160bhp ones running on the standard turbo, turbo will start to max out around the 150bhp mark but use a big enough intercooler and you can run a bit more boost to start reaching the 160bhp mark when using an aftermarket boost controller

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
bit of an update, AP rear dampers are rubbish and knock like mad so swapped them for a pair of Apex ones, problem sorted!
wp000195n.jpg

Car was on the rollers again, this time made 119.8bhp @ 5000rpm and 146lb/ft @ 3000rpm
92259838250529853055913.jpg

had a rusty old engine mount cover decided to give it a paint since I had spare hammerite!
wp000151l.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ha beat me to it there John! cheers

Next up it needs brakes as they have hardly any pads left!!!

looking at Pug 406 Coupe/Mk1 FRS / Fiat coupe turbo brembos + 172 280mm discs

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
£65 for some oil that's over and beyond what the engine needs?

​Is the engined played with severely or am I missing something?

Superleggera'd MK3
Good re-read martin! Youve done a bit more since last time! Looking forward to seeing how it goes with the power increase!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I can see it going that way lol, mate made me a good offer on it lastnight whos just sold his CTR he cant afford to run, hes apparently giving me the cash for it on Monday morning and picking it up, standard on Monday night, so it might be sold!!! but if it falls through then its business as usual as I still love it just seemed a good offer!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
My advice would always be take the money, if its a good offer, but on the grand scale of things a car of value like yours the difference between a good offer and a poor one is a few hindered notes (no offence) so maybe my advice is void.

Just keep it, must be fun having a little reasonably in expensive project, i want to see it break the 160 bhp mark

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i love it but its also done 60k and while its in good condition its no more special than any other one for sale right now bar a few bolt on bits that's coming off it for sale so seems the right thing to do, hes only offered what its worth really but at the same time its someone offering market value for a car ive not even put up for sale!!

i like the decat that much i think i might stick it in the living room! lol

EDIT: i would fit the decat this weekend for the sake of a drive and getting some good videos if it didn't involve drain the box oil, driveshaft out, swap over the downpipe then shaft back in and refill box oil... only to do it again in a few days to return to standard!!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Protoxide, I remember buying plenty off them for my punto.

Great company to deal with.

Whats next if you sell?

banther

ClioSport Club Member

83D73007-BF83-48A7-8E96-2DC985D1F932-9235-000002E0747B73E6_zps09b64968.jpg

Right, thats it. Decided now. Buying one after the 'ring!!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Protoxide, I remember buying plenty off them for my punto.

Great company to deal with.

Whats next if you sell?

sale has fallen through so its staying! im secretly happy about that!!

Protoxide were brilliant to deal with I had a massive delay because the guy making the downpipe cut his finger off in a machine! but they kept me well updated and threw in a few freebies to make up for it which was a nice touch that you don't seem to see happening in the UK!

Well as I said above Sale fell through so today I set about the decat, oh my god Its as s**t a job as a 182 manifold swap on a 172!, most guys remove the driveshaft, which on the twingo means draining the box oil, I was having non of that as I hate gearbox oil and just changed it few weeks ago so made it hard for myself by just removing the bottom engine mount and rocking the engine back and forward etc! Removing the old cat took 3 hours on the garage floor and fitting the new one took 15 minutes including re fitting the airbox etc!

on the twingo the centre section is very short and there is a mid pipe from the centre section to the downpipe, im going to have a custom one made up with flanges and a separate pipe made up with a cat so I can easily swap it over at mot time as im not touching that downpipe again haha.

anyway heres some pictures!

wp000264w.jpg

wp000265k.jpg

wp000266o.jpg

wp000267.jpg

wp000268.jpg

wp000269.jpg

wp000270r.jpg

videos to come tonight hopefully, car sounds good, bit raw and farty but I imagine it will carbon up and sound a bit better, cars flying though! awesome they recon a 10bhp gain on a standard car with these

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mate turned up with a bundle of cash tonight for me!!! im putting it back to standard tomorrow morning and hes driving it away tomorrow afternoon. gutted to see it go but on the plus side ive got 4k to waste on something new!!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Standard bar the cat I assume?
decat is coming off too, imagine fitting a 182 manifold then removing it a day later, yep that's what ive got to do!!!!

brett, same here I actually didn't want to sell it, was turning out to be epic but im getting a good price for it so was rude not to! and will stop me blowing it up then spending £2k forging it!!!

I recon ill have another one day!