ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Martin_172's Twingo GT TCE

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Was on the RR at Extreme Motorsport today and made 118bhp @ 4870rpm and 143lb/ft @ 3,360rpm

its power levels off at 5000rpm but holds it until 6500rpm, i think this is where henk has held it back due to injectors.

Car has been running spot on since the updated map so a big thanks to henk, and also an appology i shouldnt have jumped the gun and started being negative online at first, so again im back to my previous opinion of fastchip being one of the best mappers out there and i look forward to getting a set of 182 injectors and seeing what he can do!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
aye gaz its brilliant should have took it a blast the day.

needs a set of tyres first its got ditch finders on it and 3rd gear off a roundabout in the wet and it will light up a wheel lol now got the same torque as a standard 172 lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
^^^^ what he said!
And get some 182 injectors. This is a good project.

I really like the twingo GT TCE's & you've made some good additions to yours dude. My fiancé has the same engine in her Wind GT & I think it's a great car to drive but don't think it would be as good with the 133 engine. Shes averages around 44mpg too. Bet yours is a hoot with the extra power. How far you going with the engine mods?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
gonna stick a set of 182 injectors on it and watching a few megane 225/230 intercoolers on ebay as they pop up cheap and the pipework isnt a problem for me to sort out, that way i can get a nice 130-140bhp with similar torque levels to what ive got the now. then its getting left at that! lol dont want to end up pushing it to hard and before i know it my cheap runabout is doing 28mpg, throwing pistons for fun and burning clutches out lol

you should talk your Mrs into getting an RS tuner for the wind!, get the map on it, sell the RS tuner and boom, loads of extra torque for around £150!

not very exciting but heres the video...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Twingo GT 137bhp
Must get Turinis and Coilovers!!!

525799_3350957433162_148891669_n.jpg

I've told you before about blagging my pictures haha

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Looking forward to seeing it on the coils Martin! I had a thought the other night... Has anyone ever put F1s on a Twingo?!

I love these, been seriously considering selling the 182 for one. Some decent figures for just a map aswell.

Be interesting to see what it makes with the 182 injectors.

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if i can get a set of cheap f1s to refurb i will!! i just refurbed a set a year ago for my old 172 too, shud have kept them!!

fitted a set of Team Heko wind deflectors the other day, just a crappy picture as they turned up about 10 minutes before i left for work so i threw them on and took a quick snap, not saw it in the day light since!
20121229153.jpg

better pictures to follow when the coilovers are on this week hopefully if they turn up!

ohh and ive sourced a set of 182 injectors too, picking them up on the 2nd!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
small update, Coilovers are still not arrived at venom motorsport from FK, they say due 22nd of feb so be with me early W/C 24th

it snowed...
20130126188.jpg

Bought a focus ST intercooler but was too big, i didnt want to have to remove the grill like most twingo owners do and run with no grill as i think it looks cheap and nasty so back to the drawing board!
820648_3784871200735_1430436192_o.jpg

was at the scrappies and managed to get my hands on a set of OZ F1's of a ph1 172 for £100, all straight although needing a refurb...
20130207258.jpg

set about them today, done one first so i could decide if i was happy with the colour before attempting the rest...
20130209264.jpg

20130209265.jpg

20130209266.jpg

and lacqured although light makes the colour look a bit funny, they are bright silver
20130209271.jpg

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Great little project. Those wheels will look awesome with cocoilovers

so what are people getting out of the gt's now with big intercoolerz etc

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had a blast with my mate in his 133 the other night and it was reeling him in on the straights.

down a backroad where your using the punch to pull out of bends it stays with my mates 182 without too much trouble at lower speeds. 970kg & 145lbft @ 2500-4500rpm!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ill check it out!

still waiting on the FK's from Venom Motorsport thats been nearly 3 months now, delay after delay after delay delivery dates come and go and i keep needing to chase them they dont let me know!

wheels are finished need to order a set of Toyo R888's for them just waiting to see what happens with the coilovers first as the twingo will look strange at standard height with the OZ's so not spunking loads of cash on tyres incase the coilovers fall thru!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
"After all the hastle i had with the Clio 200 and me also wanting to get out of the car finance loop so i can start saving for a house deposit it was time to get rid of the Clio"

ill check it out!

still waiting on the FK's from Venom Motorsport thats been nearly 3 months now, delay after delay after delay delivery dates come and go and i keep needing to chase them they dont let me know!

wheels are finished need to order a set of Toyo R888's for them just waiting to see what happens with the coilovers first as the twingo will look strange at standard height with the OZ's so not spunking loads of cash on tyres incase the coilovers fall thru!

Haha

going to be such a fun car

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
LOL FAIL, things always get quickly out of hand, however i owe 15k less than i did this time last year, and i have a bomb proof car that doesnt seem to ever let me down! so mods are justified ;)

house deposit isnt going good haha

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Venom are having issues with FK so they have got me AP coilovers due this weekend so pics will be up as soon as they are on. Will be straight into Progrip Larbert for a full geometry setup too

also got carried away and ordered a stainless turbo downpipe/decat pipe from Protoxide in Italy (£250 delivered) http://www.protoxide.eu/en/downpipe...ust-for-renault-twingo-clio-12-tce-turbo.html

got another RR day booked at the same place with most of the same guys as last time so should be able to judge roughly what sort of gains this gives, guys on standard ones have been gaining upto 15bhp from full turbo back systems with decats, but no one seems to have fitted one to a remapped one so should be interesting, im not changing the rest of the system though, don't fancy a loud exhaust due to the fact it does about 4000rpm @ 70mph lol