ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using own ringtones on iPhone 3g?

none, just walk
I'm wanting to use some songs in my library to have as ringtones, I've seen the guides on the net but is there a easier way to do this?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah here

http://audiko.net/

Search for the song you want and download the iPhone version to your computer then add it to iTunes. It'll automatically be listed as a Ringtone. Sync this to your iPhone.

Clio on SL 2118s
I've used Audiko to download a few ringtones and they are on my iTunes, but where do they go when I sync my iPhone?
They aren't in the Ringtones selection and they aren't in the iPod?

Ph 1 172
once you get used to the guide way on internet of deleting it then going to the file location and then changing the file name from m4a>m4r its really simple and quick to be honest (or is it m4r>m4a cant remember)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
First, you need to check if the ‘Ringtones’ section is present in your iTunes. If you don’t have any ringtones there, double-click all the .M4A files you downloaded from Audiko, or add them manually to the iTunes library.
Connect your iPhone to your computer, select iPhone from the devices list, then switch to ‘Ringtones’ tab on the right. Check ‘Sync ringtones’ option, and choose either all ringtones or the ones you like.

In one ear and out of the other....

EDIT: Worked it out

Last edited:
  BMW F31
Select song in iTunes

Clip 30 seconds of the track where you want in info

Create AAC Version

Drag File to desktop

Rename to .m4r

Double click it and it will add it to the ringtone folder in iTunes

Then sync with iPhone

(this is for Windows, not sure if its the same for Mac)

Last edited: