ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Usual Phase 1 Leaking sunroof!!

Clio RSi
Can anyone please help me!
I have had my Clio (RSi) for seven years and have replaced the sunroof once already.
I have now had enough!!, the sunroof has been in and out the car more times than I have.
due to the constant leaking.

The water only seems to come in over the drivers side, and moves about when driving.
Currently I have the headlining removed so I can try and locate the problem.
I notice when the s/roof is fully fitted in the glass becomes raised up in one corner over the drivers head (corner towards rear). Straight away I can see daylight coming through.
I have tried mastic/vaseline on the rubber seal, more mastic...nothing

The thought of welding a large plate over it, springs to mind.

Does anyone know if a later type Phase 2 s/roof could be fitted

Can anyone help

Jamie

Punto/Clio GTT
any roof will be fine, but isit it really worth installin a new roof skin on a mk 1 clio due to a leaky sunroof? little extreme imo. at most ide locate a new sunroof and seal it in very very well, and seal all the inside too where the bolts are, round the edges. if that dont work, set it on fire

Clio RSi
Not sure why you are talking of putting on a new roof skin???
I am talking about replacing a leaky sunroof??

mk1 172
this always happened on my mk1 clio (r plate)
i had it resealed loads of times then found out that the wet was comign through the aerial stalk ! siliconed it and hey presto, everything was fine......i sold the thing 2 weeks later

CB600FS
Do you get new seals when you replaced the sunroof? And do the 10mms up tight enough? But not FT.

Plenty of silicon sealant aswell :approve:

1.6 16v
I have a Mk2 ph2 clio and i have water getting in! Both the front pillers are soaking at the top when the rain comes. Its getting silly now and then its running down to the floor and then wetting the floor!

Is it my sunroof thats leaking or somthing else??

steve

www.renparts.co.uk
S Garbett said:
I have a Mk2 ph2 clio and i have water getting in! Both the front pillers are soaking at the top when the rain comes. Its getting silly now and then its running down to the floor and then wetting the floor!

Is it my sunroof thats leaking or somthing else??

steve

is it covered under warranty? if its out of warranty i would still contact renault uk as such a new car shouldn't be leaking!