ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V Maxx coilover height on 182 cup

UXE

Symbol 1.4 8v
The knocking appeared since the first day they were fitted. I spoke with the guy where I bought the coilivers kit and sent him the pictures. He also told me he will send those pics to the Dutch supplier. If you say that the springs are sitting correctly then the shocks could be the problem. A couple a days ago I have adjusted the rear springs to be 2cm higher and the noise was kind of disappearing. But when I had poeple carrying on my back seat the noise came back :)

So , you are still having the knocking problem?

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say its the shocks. I found a used set of standard sport shocks and fitted them while keeping the rest of te vmaxx kit on and the noise dissapeared so it was definitely the shocks. Might be worth a try to find some 2nd hand ones, just to rule it out.

In the end I was so disappointed with the kit, problems, and service from vmaxx direct that I went and got a full refund and exchanged the kit for a better brand of coilover at a discounted price. (BC coilovers) Runs perfect now and they are such a vast improvement.

Last edited:

UXE

Symbol 1.4 8v
I wonder what could happen if I put the OEM springs (soft) back and keep the sport shock, just to see if the noise persists.

UXE

Symbol 1.4 8v
So, I have some news.. The supplier will send me today a new pair of new springs. The code from the current ones are correct. The shocks does not seem broken to me. As you can see in the image the black span is damaged, also the coils spring.

20140626_182110.jpg

UXE

Symbol 1.4 8v
Bad news . The springs are getting softer and I have problems with them. I need something more harder, like a sport spring. The springs from the coilovers are too soft. I will speak with the provider.

If the v-maxx guys can't replace them this time , I am thinking to get a new set of FK sport springs and replace them only on the rear.

Is FK better than v-maxx?

UXE

Symbol 1.4 8v
Well, I spoke with the supplier and they will send me 2 pieces of rear sport springs , the ones that lower the car with 35mm. So then I will remove the current springs (from the coilover kit) and the adjuster. Hope this solve the problem. Hope the shoks are ok

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just keep an eye on them. The first set I had I didn't have any problems other than a leaky shock after over 10k but the second set I had were a bad batch, 2 sets of rears and a leaky front in less than 2 months old and less than 1k. Vmaxx customer services are piss poor in my experience so be wary of that if you need to complain to them directly.