ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 255 Or Focus Rs

MINI JCW
As above but which one do you think would win down the quarter mile strip?

Also has anyone any experience of other hot hatches coming up against each other and results, be particular interested in peoples results in the V6 and 182

if your after buying one of the 2 id buy the v6.. EVERYONE looks and stares at them thinking wow!

even my auntie told me about this ''really nice wide clio that could hardly fit in a parking space''

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
IMO Focus is a far better car in most respects but the Vee still looks awesome and for some reason, just more, special.

Both standard the clio will edge it by about half a second but the RS needs the Bluefin and most have it ;)

CTR you must be f**king joking!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
rs would win, have seen v6s do low 14s on the strip, some cups manage that

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
stand corrected^ so a cup in standard form is quicker than the focus rs?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
RS is a far better drivers car plus 500 quid and 270bhp...!

V6 is a better car for looks / pose but the RS isnt bad either.....

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
my mate's got a focus RS and its much better spec'd than my CUP (apart from air con leather seats etc., brembo 4 pot clipers, ap racing clutch, WRC track etc etc...

It is a special car, no need to thrash it either not much turbo lag i rate it!

They are quick, loads of torque!

But then again my 172 CUP was half the price and i still think there a bit special? about as many made as the focus RS?

Back to the question, Depends what you want, how much money you got etc. id rather have a VEE just because they are rear wheel drive?

Clio 172 mk2
Much easier to get power out of the turbocharged Focus than the Clio.

Heard bad reports/reviews on the Focus' steering/handling though

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i love the looks of the RS, if i wanted a car to thrash down backroads then id take the Focus RS but if i wanted somthing to cruise up and down the motorway and turn heads going through town then it would have to be the VEE

i mean ive never drove a V6 so im just going on what ive read but do they not get a bit hairy if your hammering them round corners? and ive heard how much grip the Focus has so it would have to be the focus for one of my 17yr old moments LOL but there is no doubt that the V6 is the better looking car even although the RS is one of the nicest hot hatces ever made.

RenaultSport clio v6
i considered a focus rs before i got my mk1 v6. i just couldnt live with the interior on the focus being so garish - not that the clio has an amazing interior, certainly a bit less in your face though.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Would be a tough one. Think I would probably be evo for that kind of money.

If I had to choose, would probably be the focus, as is more of a drivers car.

Evo is all well and good, very fast etc. but you've got to factor in the running costs, 6k mile service intervals, petrol consumption, insurance, wear and tear etc. you wouldn't really be getting one for the same price as a FRS, it's the initial cost then another £3-4k a year. No thanks!!

Audi A4
EVOgone said:
RS is a far better drivers car plus 500 quid and 270bhp...!

V6 is a better car for looks / pose but the RS isnt bad either.....

270bhp, is that true? sounds pretty good just from a £500 chip, what does a focus start with 220bhp?

not sure tbh, something rediculous like that! fine if you have pots of cash! Thats the beauty of the rs clio, fast and cheap!

172 cup TT
no thats not really the beauty of the clio... you have to fork out a good couple of grand at least just to get the thing over 200bhp

MINI JCW
Floodie said:
no thats not really the beauty of the clio... you have to fork out a good couple of grand at least just to get the thing over 200bhp

He not on about tuning, just the general running cost of the 182 is pretty cheap

No one seems to make any sense nor actually realise the vehicles. The Focus RS has been superceeded by the new Focus ST (and a hell of a lot cheaper given you're car). It's also quicker round a circuit. The V6 will without doubt be quicker still and has been proven. The RS was not ever the car Ford intended it to be. It was not much quicker than a cupped Clio (FFS they had to reel in the torque to make it move). This is from a company that said it was so awesome in every department.

Boy racer pub talk is as useless as a chocolate fireguard.

The best read is Autocar. At least they print their tests and what they involve. Look at the back to see the huge efforts to rationialise the reports.

Boys oh boys

Clio 172 mk2
WTF

Any car owner worth their salt should know that the Focus RS was flawed due to the differential and handling traits.

I think they have developed on this though with the ST although I can't see it becoming the icon that the Cosworth was.

MINI JCW
blaze said:
No one seems to make any sense nor actually realise the vehicles. The Focus RS has been superceeded by the new Focus ST (and a hell of a lot cheaper given you're car). It's also quicker round a circuit. The V6 will without doubt be quicker still and has been proven. The RS was not ever the car Ford intended it to be. It was not much quicker than a cupped Clio (FFS they had to reel in the torque to make it move). This is from a company that said it was so awesome in every department.

Boy racer pub talk is as useless as a chocolate fireguard.

The best read is Autocar. At least they print their tests and what they involve. Look at the back to see the huge efforts to rationialise the reports.

Boys oh boys

I think your wrong, The RS was faster round top gear test track than the new ST, also a number of magazines raved about the RS, top gear in particular

182BG
My sisters got an RS and she manages to get away from me quite easily when our cars were both standard. I absolutely love the RS Focus, i would have one over the V6. but if i had to choose one for its looks i would choose the V6.

A bluefin chip only takes the car to 240bhp - and standard they range from 215-220bhp
Torquesteers' Focus is the one that is bout 270-280bhp
My mate also has one and his is about 250bhp, its lethal.

A lot or comments about the steering and handling, bit having driven it myself i would say it handles great and yes its a bit bumpy, but that didn't bother me (i mean i have a cup ;) )

Clio 172 mk2
gazcaddy said:
I think your wrong, The RS was faster round top gear test track than the new ST, also a number of magazines raved about the RS, top gear in particular

I'm not sying it's a bad car as I do like the RS Focus but I do remember a certain Mr Clarkson slagging it off due to all the torque steer.

Clio RS 172 Ph2
RS = quite rare
V6 = extremely very rare

I personally like rarety, which is why I chose the Vee over the FRS earlier this year...

Renault ChaVio
The V6 is a two seater mid-engined car. The RS is a front wheel drive hot hatch. Chip it to 270bhp and no question it will be powerful but putting that through the front wheels of a Focus chassis is pointless. I watched the ST on TopGear; Clarkson said he thought it was the best of the current 'hot hatch' crop and gave one of his reasons that there wasn't too much power for the front drive set up – unlike the Astra.

RS the better driver's car than a Vee? What a daft and uneducated remark! There is more to it than all the 0-60 figures that are found in the back of a car magazine.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
tommyc said:
270bhp, is that true? sounds pretty good just from a £500 chip, what does a focus start with 220bhp?

With and exhaust (with decat) and IK you can re-map it to 270.

I know as i lead the Garrett Team that supplied the Turbo, we worked with prodrive for the installation.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
anyone who says the focus rs cannont handle are mistaken! why because you are adopting someone elses opinion, try driving one, yeah it has torque steer but so does my cup but feels worse,

drive one and make up your own opinion

MINI JCW
Martin_89 said:
ive only been in an ST170 not an RS but even the grip that had amazed me, the RS is ment to be even better.

The ST170 was supposed to be a really car, all the reviews said it was good just underpowered, the RS had mix views awesome on the track not so good on the road

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
Martin_89 said:
ive only been in an ST170 not an RS but even the grip that had amazed me, the RS is ment to be even better.

it is better, ive had the priviledge of driving one on a rally school day, totally standard car, it just grips and grips, ive heard rumours of press cars(all manufacturers) being slightly different to the final production model, could be more power, stiffer suspension setup, better brakes it does go on

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I drove the 3rd car from the production line straight to the airport. Garrett bought it to ship to the States with loads of other brand new turbo cars to do some PR work for turbochargers in the states.

Have to say was very very good to drive but was a bit tight. Handled and braked very well.