ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 airbox

Insignia SRi
Just picked mine up this morning and fitted it with an ITG filter, trust me if anybody is thinking about air filter set ups or induction kits dont bother, get one of these, iv tried a simota carbon aeroform, panel filter and powertec cone induction kit and this set up is by far the best and the only one iv felt a difference with, worth every penny!! ;)

Nothing at the mo :(
pics!!!! i wanna see it!!! plus it was £56 brand new from renault? :.. and im guessing its the V6 from the clio the airbox?

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
pics!!!! i wanna see it!!! plus it was £56 brand new from renault? :.. and im guessing its the V6 from the clio the airbox?

No mate its an espace V6 airbox!

20092009152.jpg

Insignia SRi
Its the airbox from the Espace V6, much bigger that the standard clio airbox. The original induction pipe from the throttle body fits straight on with no problems, litterally changed in 5mins. Il see if i can get a pic of someone else that has it.

Lots of Alfas
Ive tried quite a few methods, ive found that the type of piping used there which is commonly available gets very hot with the engine.

ibiza cupra
would it fit in the normal posistion? as i still have the battery under there and cant be botherd to move it for the sake of an air filter.

172 5HED
Ive tried quite a few methods, ive found that the type of piping used there which is commonly available gets very hot with the engine.

Is that the ali style piping?? Try getting some of the fabric stuff that comes with ITG filters, you can get it direct from ITG!

Lots of Alfas
Yes the fabric made piping would be ideal, ideally the same stuff that renault use but a lot wider diameter.

v6
would it fit in the normal posistion? as i still have the battery under there and cant be botherd to move it for the sake of an air filter.

Yes :)

quite a tight fit with the standard elbow, i had to move the battery as far back as possible to get mine to fit

ibiza cupra
may look into this then as i get a 35% dicount from renault through work so may be worth it. ill wait till my exhaust is sorted first though.

Insignia SRi
I think it was def worth it, my car as standard ran 161hp, got it on the rollers yesterday after adding ktec exhaust, matched inlets, remap and V6 airbox with ITG filter and it made 170hp!!

Nissan 350z
Does anyone have any pics of this setup without having to relocate the battery to the boot to prove it fits into the standard space? Im doubtful to say the least! :)

Insignia SRi
Yeah was well worth it, the guy at the Rolling Road said it would def benefit with a CAF, my highest run was with the bonnet up so was letting in as much cold air as possible, just need to figure out where to put it.

Clio RS 172
I think it's better use the airbox to CLio RS Fase 1....because the espace V6 airbox have only one open to take air but it's too bigger and the air come slowly...better the original Phase 1 airbox have 2 open to take air smalle and the air come inside faster...i'ts the same to the water....

sorry for may english...

TrackCar & F30 330d
I have a V6 Airbox set up like Quade. I went from a standard airbox set up to it striaght off the TB and Fooooook me its so much quicker (i did strip 40kg out aswell)

Sounds amazing too as i dont have my CAF's in yet.

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
I have a V6 Airbox set up like Quade. I went from a standard airbox set up to it striaght off the TB and Fooooook me its so much quicker (i did strip 40kg out aswell)

Sounds amazing too as i dont have my CAF's in yet.

40 kg wow where did you find all that weight??
i took out the rear seats and it added up to 19kg!!!
but the rear end kept coming round to meet the front so i put it all back in again!!!

RS RIP
When you want to fit this box , using the standard elbow, you will have to shortern the elbow by a bit to be able to squeeze it in !

RS RIP
Another guy from Poland on here is driving the V6 box, also Catcams + full big+open exhaust on there.. He has before+after. Can't remember his username though :S

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Here's mine...

IMAGE_057.jpg

With this, a Ktec stealth exhaust, R-Sport ECU, and no power-steering it gives a consistent 186 bhp. Fitting this and removing the power steering gave me 10 bhp, so that's about 3bhp or so just for this filter.

Renaultsport
ebay item number 330361871317

best check with one of the other guys who have got it though to double check! just in case im wrong!