ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Alarm (255)

My insurance company (Adrian Flux) are pi**ing me off at the moment. They sent me a form asking me to put details of the alarm system, I answered the question with...Alarm fitted as standard + RAC Trackstar. I today have a letter saying they need the make and model!!, my handbook states nothing. Can someone on here tell me the exact make and model please, so as I can ring them tomorrow, have a rant at them and then settle it once and for all.

Thanks,

Steve.

Steve if its a UK car I think they fit the alarm at the dealer ie before delivery and the insurance should know that.............I dont know what make it is but I recon theyll be a job lot supplied or recomended by Reno and theyll all be the same.

Cya Stu

they fit the tracker at the import centre at Southampton, Im not sure if the alarm is fitted there or at the factory - it certainly is not fitted at the dealer.

no idea of the make though - soz !

Cheers Stu,

I have just found a site from Channel 4 car tests that says it is fitted with a Volumetric Thatcham cat 1. I assume the "Volumetric" is the make. I will see what they say in the morning. They do annoy me though, I bought a brand new Lotus Elise the other year and had the same problem, I had to phone Lotus in the end to get them to confirm what it was fitted with! It annoys me because it is bloody obvious a £27K car is not going to be sold WITHOUT an alarm fitted.

Ford Fiesta

volumetric just means it has ultrasonic sensors I believe.

If its the same as the 182 alarm it is a cobra.

I have a very useful PDF document with all VSIB thatcham listings for vehicles in the UK.

pm me your email address and i will send it you.

The alarm is fitted at the import centre, Teesport for the north at same time as tracker. There is a chap registered on here that actually works at the centre on UK renault cars.

I have the alarm booklet for my old v6, this was a 255 btw. It say on the front of the book 7895-7897, it also has 06DE1742A in the bottom left hand corner on the front page. I think the second code is a part number although im not 100%.

Hope these might be of some use to you.

Steve.

Just noticed on the very back page it has a company name, Delta Electtronica s.p.a., via Astico 41-21100 Varese, Italy.

Also a web page: http://www.cobra.itwww.cobra.it so maybe its a cobra alarm??

Just had a look, it does say on the web page above that they do supply alarms for renault too, just drop them an email and ask the model number of the equipment they supply to renault for the v6 255, job done!

[Edited by steveV6 on 01 July 2005 at 10:01pm]

You should have the certificates for the alarm system.

Send these off and all should be well.

The tracker as far as I remember and the volumetric alarm are fitted when the vehicle is imported.

The guy that used to fit them used to be a member.

Will look up all my paperworkm in the morning.

V6 255 Illiad Blue

I just looked it up on my certificate.

RENAULT COMPACT 7897

Thatcham eval number TC2 1174/0101

The guy who fitted mine was M.Doreythe DEaler was CAT UK (RENAULT UK)

Hope that helps. Im with Flux and had no problems with this..