ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 brakes

Renault 182

Has anyone ever though about putting V6 brakes on there 182/172, coz i have found some thats all, quite expensive though........

For starters will they fit under standard alloys??.......is there much point upgrading??.........anyone done it?? any problems in doing it??

E91 M Sport

Dont think theyll fit under anything less than 17s, and the hub is 5 stud as well....

...the previous threads on this have concluded that its cheaper and easier to buy bigger brakes that are made of the 172. :)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Not much wrong with the 172 brakes anyway, just fit some better pads (e.g. Tar-ox). Wouldnt bother with the brakes off the Vee, fronts are just 4-pot AP racing calipers, the rears are off an old Citroen!

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 18 February 2005

the rears are off an old Citroen!
But considering how much braking the rears have to do, theyre damn good!

If you are looking at upgrading to 4-pots, give GDI a call.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 18 February 2005

the rears are off an old Citroen!
My rear discs (well the front ones too) are knackered already :confused:

personally i found the 172 brakes had more feel to them. dont get me wrong the V6 brakes stop very well they just lacked feel to me.

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 18 February 2005

My rear discs (well the front ones too) are knackered already :confused:
Yeah mine too, but they still seem to work very well. Compared to the brakes on my old Racing Puma, which were over £200 a disc and the pads were about the same and they squeeled like hell and only worked really well when they were seriously hot.