ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 engined MTV!!

C4 Grand Picasso

Beast!! (thats if hes not talking sh*t). I would have thought a V6 Vectra engine would be a big b*****d to fit in a little Clio - wonder why no-one has thought of doing this before?

Well the engine does fit in the front of the old Corsa and Nova (Nova needs a bit more effort).

I think I emailed the owners ages ago but never heard back.

212hp from a 2.5 with a turbo kit seems a bit low.

Anyway the picture is wrong although its not the owners fault I dont think

Nippy white cup

Definate bull...just noticed this bit lol

ive brought a clio mtv 1.2 recently and set about modifying it, im superchipped it, put kent cams into a 2.5 v6 vectra engine which ive transplanted, lowered on 17" rims, concept spolier bcm carbon fibre air box and greddy turbo

Chris

Quote: Originally posted by Levo on 14 July 2004

Beast!! (thats if hes not talking sh*t). I would have thought a V6 Vectra engine would be a big b*****d to fit in a little Clio - wonder why no-one has thought of doing this before?
Ive though about the 3.0 V6 in a FWD Clio would be good.

Plus theres a 3.0 turbo which were made.

How much brake does that V6 make in standard trim? 170 ish! Hes turbod it and camd it but only managed to get 212 bhp out of it.

Then goes on to say its much faster than a cup and the bad points say not much room in the back ie mid engined, so why not compare it to the clio V6!

What do I smell?

Bullsh*t!!

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

could be low boost due to high comp pistons as standard hence small gains!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by simonjones10 on 14 July 2004

How much brake does that V6 make in standard trim? 170 ish! Hes turbod it and camd it but only managed to get 212 bhp out of it.
Then goes on to say its much faster than a cup and the bad points say not much room in the back ie mid engined, so why not compare it to the clio V6!
He might just have mentioned that the rear space is poor as it is. It might be FWD.

Renault Clio 1.6 16v Rsi

Ne1 with commonsense knows that greddy only make parts 4 jap cars .... come on guys or high powered turbo motors and even they hybrid kits are only made 2 fit on civics n stuff as my m8 has purchased 1 !!!!!

I SMELL BULL S H I T

Dont see a problem with it, the vauxhall v6 lumps are small block and I dont see why someone couldnt put one in, a fair bit of work to do it, but no wy impossible.

As for the fact that hes mentioned a Greddy turbo, well, just because they make stuff purely for the Jap car market doesnt mean that it cant be used on any other, I mean, most fitments only need a conversion plate to make it fit - not too much hassle now is it really?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the power he claims is a bit kak but there are 3 versions of the v6 with different bhp. a picture would be nice. if you had gone to all that trouble youd have a pic wouldnt you.

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

V6 fits in a Corsa and you can use that Turbo on anything you like within reason - maybe we could see a bad photoshop picture at least!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

thats bullsh*t, simply because you cant get the MTV in the new facelift clio, its the old phase 2 clio.

hang on it may be fast but would a new engine feck up the weight distribution of the car with is very important for cornering / handling ??

Dont forget that ther 2.5 V6 will fit under the bonnet of the older shape corsas and thats not as spacious as our new Clios. Also you can get turbno parts of the shelf for the car as its the same engine as Saab used in a car with a turbo on it.

Theres a member on another corsa forum who is fitting his last shape Corsa with the V6 plus the turbo and N2O. (dont worry its no sleeper)