ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6: Is it really worth it

visualize whirled pe
As far as I'm concerned it ticks every box for me.
It's rare
It's small
It looks like a beast
And it has a V6 - in - the - fcuking boot for christ sakes!

And there isnt much choice for this breed of car :- You could get a classic RS200 a T16 Pug or a Turbo II or a 6r4 but they are all mostly crashed or overpriced now and still dont look as pretty.

clio 172
my brother has a clio v6 and a renault 5 turbo and the 5 is quicker but after going in the 5 the the v6 feals so slow but in my eys the altimate renault is the valver tim xcliox

I had a 5GT turbo for many years and in std form they are SLOW, however they can be tuned (mine was 200bhp and faster than my vee)) and then very fast up to 100mph ish, gearing lets them down after that :)

Simon
yes the vee would be quicker ofer a 100mph but the 5 is better round corners and would beat it to the 100 and lets be honest how often do we get oppotunity 2 go over 100mph in are cars i love the 5 i think there great :D

I had a 5GT turbo for many years and in std form they are SLOW, however they can be tuned (mine was 200bhp and faster than my vee)) and then very fast up to 100mph ish, gearing lets them down after that :)

Simon
yes the vee would be quicker ofer a 100mph but the 5 is better round corners and would beat it to the 100 and lets be honest how often do we get oppotunity 2 go over 100mph in are cars i love the 5 i think there great :D

The std 5GTT though was very slow though, 7.5s to 60 and over 22s to 100......and 125 max top end
but tuned they are good little cars, my 200bhp one was a hoot to drive ;) :)

Simon

But this 'discussion' about the vee will be going on for some years to come me thinks:S

Decades/Centuries even, maybe they wil have a History paper on it in the year 2121.... who knows....lol

all I know is I LOVE MINE :)

Simon

Last edited:
  MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
I test drove one and was really dissapointed. As said, they look AWESOME, but that's it.

Because the Megane 225 is loads quicker isn't it....:rolleyes:

How could you possibly be dissapointed test driving a V6 Clio with rear wheel drive and all that noise, and then go for a Practical car like a Megane with less power, 4 seats, looks that would drive you to suicide and which is no quicker, has less road presence and says mid life crisis 40 year old male with a family but trying to stay cool all over it?

Last edited:
  An orange one
I test drove one and was really dissapointed. As said, they look AWESOME, but that's it.

How could you possibly be dissapointed test driving a V6 Clio with rear wheel drive and all that noise, and then go for a Practical car like a Megane with less power, 4 seats, looks that would drive you to suicide and which is no quicker, has less road presence and says mid life crisis 40 year old male with a family but trying to stay cool all over it?

FPMSL!!!

so very true...

i think the fact that the 255 is currently appreciating in price whilst the meggy, 182, 197 drop like stones says it all really :)

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197

FPMSL!!!

so very true...

i think the fact that the 255 is currently appreciating in price whilst the meggy, 182, 197 drop like stones says it all really :)

Hey Colin,

Tim here! Have you got your new 255 yet?

;)

An orange one
certainly have mate.....

you can see it in the lakes meet pics..though it was dirty then..

i gave it a quick polish and took this pic...

veemk2.jpg

cant wait to get C1 CDG on it, may as well do it when it needs taxed though :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

FPMSL!!!

so very true...

yer i saw one for sale for 40k thats like 10k over what they were new

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
jus watch tht top gear thing on it, as he ses its a super car really, and if u class it as one ure getting it f**king cheap.

do it do it do it

Clio 172 mk2
Great pic Colin..if only I had the spare cash to buy one of these beasts.

Thinking of selling up the 172 as even that's not practical enough for me anymore....not enough room:(

Clio Cup
Rear wheel drive for me forever now I am done with crappy shitty front wheel drive but unsure about the value of a v6 though. Always think about trading my trophy in for a v6 but then realise the dealer will give me crap money for my car and want top whack for the v6.

Vee dub
I'd say it's worth getting one if you can afford it.

I've driven a mk2 V6 and it was a brilliant exerience. May not be blisteringly quick but what a car!

I'd happily pootle about in a mk2 knowing what it looks like, how rare it is, how it sounds..... and where that 3.0 V6 engine is located!

That's enough for me