ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Sports exhaust

I have just purchased a V6 Clio Mk2 and after owning 2 Lotus Elises and a Lotus Exige, I am well impressed with the Clio. However, I do find the car to be very quiet for a V6 and would like to fit a sports exhaust. What is available for these cars and has anyone got one fitted that is around the Northants area so I could have a listen.

Thanks. Steve.

I got K-tec one which isnt mega loud but way less restrictive than standard and has nice noise let the vee sing!

Cheers for the replies chaps.

As for the swapping from a Lotus!!....... After owning Lotus for over 3 years I fancied a change, and the V6 has always been a favourite of mine so I felt it was the right choice. With the Clio you get all the mod cons and an everyday car plus you still have the performance, with the Lotus elise it was more a car for the sun and the exige was purely track only, and with both models you get no comfort at all. Yes I loved the Lotus, but it really was just a toy, where as the clio I feel will get used more as it is practical as well as fun.

Andy, could not help noticing the *old bloke in a V6*.......... I know how you feel!!

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

I left my Exige for the V6 - did 36000 miles in two years - still have the aches!!

Hi Mike.......36,000 in two years!!

My exige had done 3400 when I bought it and I sold it with 7600 on the clock. I then bought a brand new elise 135R as I found the exige very lumpy with road use and my left leg was working on overtime to keep the car smooth. The elise was much more usable, but I aint getting no younger and I have always loved the idea of the V6 so sold the Lotus and got one. So far I am very pleased with the change, I find the clio much more usable and just love the sound of the V6 engine. The only downside compared to the elise is fuel consumption, but apart from that I think I have made a good choice.

Need to change that exhaust though!!

Hi Mate, welcome to the club. Youll find loads of helpful advice on this forum.

With regard to the exhaust, ive got a k-tec as well as an induction kit, i live in Swindon, but travel to Northants regularly, We could always meet up, when it suits, so can listen before you buy. let me know.

Quote: Originally posted by JAY BUNDHOO on 07 June 2005

With regard to the exhaust, ive got a k-tec as well as an induction kit, i live in Swindon, but travel to Northants regularly, We could always meet up, when it suits, so can listen before you buy. let me know.

Ahhhhh so you finally got a proper exhaust then Jay :D............itll sound like a real car now eh :cool:

Steve the previous owner of my car had a Reno supply and fit stainless exhaust fitted..............it was an option on the Mk1..............but it did cost £1000 + :D

It makes a big dif to the car and I would recommend it to everyone who still have the standard exhaust................well thats my opinion ;)

Cya stu

Hi Jay,

Would love to have a listen to your car. Please mail me when you are next coming to Northants and maybe you could call round or meet up?

mailto:sjn@exige.fsnet.co.uk">sjn@exige.fsnet.co.uk

Cheers

Steve.