ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver’s f**king Rule!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Went out tonight to pick my brother up and it was the first time id driven the valver in 8 days..

Oh my god!

First thing I noticed was how low and gripped I felt in the seat, forgot how comfy the seats are, and how gorgeous that engine sounds when you blip it.

Pulled out of the drive with a heavy foot after the works diesel van and it scared me, the first time its ever done that, ive been used to the vans thrash or you go nowhere approach - Now I know theres faster cars in the world but it genuinely felt so rapid, faster than its felt in a long time!

...Bear With Me...

Now Ive driven a willy but not round some fast twisties like I have in the valver but really and i mean really (BenH!) how much better is the willy round a bend cus tonight the valver felt unbeliavable! I just couldnt believe how fast and easy I was taking corners, The grip amazed me and I simply cant get my head round the fact theres better handling cars out there!

Now I new it was good as Ive driven previous hot hatches - quickly, The Vts, 106 GTI, 5 Turbo, 106 Raylle and bought the clio purely on the fact that me as a driver got on better with the clio than the twitchy if you like pug chassis, so for me its the best of the bunch round corners but f**k if a willy beats it and beats it well I just have to have one - Is the Williams the best handling hot hatch of all time???

Got home with a mega grin on my face - I need to spend more money on the bugger - Need it to looks its best..

But For Now...

THE CLIO 16V - WHAT A f**kING AMAZING CAR!

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

have yet to drive one!!! would love to tho!!!! reason i bought my williams was an old work mate of mine always wanted one but settled for a valver instead back in 98 and we both went down to ford fair in oxford in it and i couldnt believe how comfortable it was!! so that was the reason i bought the williams.

A.) its limited edition

and B.) its so comfortable!!

182, GTR, C63

id love ago in both to compare.ive not driven many good handling cars apart from my cup and an rx8. RX8 is a different league though it felt like it was made to go fast where as the clio wasnt made to go fast but it was an afterthought. It didnt feel much more rapid than the cup but its power delivery is much more progressive. Ive been in a lot of quick cars but yet to drive much other than the cup or rx8 with decent handling. All about to change though as im booked for a redletter day on thruxton in a f355 and a formula renault. Cant F*cking wait!!

Ben H hopefully is writing an article for my Williams site about the 16v and Williams - how they compare etc.. so that should be interesting!

I drove mine yesterday for first time in, um, 5 weeks.. and it was AMAZING! Seriously.. you do forget.. the fastest thing Id driven in the 5 weeks was an Avensis 2.0D Estate.. which wasnt bad in fairness.. but wow, the Clio is something else.. hehe.

Oh yea.. and the seats.. they are, without a doubt, the best car seats Ive ever sat in.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yep.. agreed to all teh above, i got mine back yesterday after 3 days.. god damn i missed it.

3 days, 8 days? Pah.. try 5 weeks.. 35 days! Thats like, more than a calender MONTH! a 1/10th of a YEAR nearly!

Anyway.. it dont matter.. Ive got it back now, muahahaha. :D

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I drove a Fronterra diesel for about an hour and scared myself so much I was touching cloth when I went back in the valver.

I think I should drive that everytime I get the urge to buy something faster!

i miss mine when i sleep, sit on my driveway when i come home from work! dont really wana get out. only thing stoppin me drivin all the time is lack of petrol!

lol Look at us all loved up over our valvers/willys

I remember being given a test run in my valver just before i bought it, went round some country roads and just had a smile on my face the whole time :D

williams and trophy

hehe wen i first bought the willy 1, i also had a valver too..........both of them sat there on the street.............owned both for a couple of months........and as much as i loved the valver before i got the willy, after id got the willy the valver never even turned a wheel in anger..................it wasnt cos the valver was my old toy n i was more intrested in playin with me new toy..........oh no........

it was because nothing has put a smile on me face like the willy does.......the valver isnt even close.........the valvers are a fantastic little motor, and i had a LOT of fun in mine, but the willy is just that much more fun.......that much more quicker...........and corners that much faster all round the package is nowt like the valver..........

Revels Mum & Sister

I know exactly what you mean.

I got mine back just over a week ago. I was without for 6 weeks and had to drive a Ford Ka

Felt amazing getting back in it

BMX

I miss my old valver. Even now having a V6, there was something special about the valver - I think it was just a really simple but brilliant formula. You could get in it at anytime or anywhere and drive it quickly without having to work too hard.

C4 Grand Picasso

I want one, I bought a new 1.2 because I was sick of second hand cars - but hearing the stories and seeing valver pics makes me want to sell up and get a valver - I just miss having a real engine.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 19 June 2004

Oh, I want one :(

I was out in Felixs again last night and was getting jealous (of everything except his dodgy passenger seatbelt)!
li go get 1 sell the 1.2 n do it man

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 19 June 2004

3 days, 8 days? Pah.. try 5 weeks.. 35 days! Thats like, more than a calender MONTH! a 1/10th of a YEAR nearly!

Anyway.. it dont matter.. Ive got it back now, muahahaha. :D
Try 2 months!!!!

Half the time if not longer was trying to get the money together tho...

Thing was I had to run her in - so I couldnt give it as much as I wanted.....but then again I drove 600 miles in the first two days after getting her back.
I was a like a kid on Christmas Eve gaggin to play with my new toy.

Anyways...I havent driven a Valver but the Willy handling is tops.

182, GTR, C63

i drive a 1.9tdi van sometimes for work and the turbo is f*cked so you cant get much out of it it splutters at anything over 65. Then i get in the cup to drive home and i just wait with great anticipation for the oil to warm which by the time i reach the first derestricted lane it has and i floor it in 2nd theres 60 3rd theres 90 4th theres 105 which is about as fast as you can travel on this particular lane. Normally traffic slows me to 60 though. Gotta love that road! oh and 105 isnt the max for 4th its more like 115 but anything over 105 and your risking your ncb on this road.

i dont know how you can say there unreliable, iv had mine for about 3.5 years and its never let me down, its a great little car but iv got to sell it to make way for the 182 even tho i would like to keep it :)

i drove my sisters valver before i got my williams and loved it, felt much better then the vtr, handles great, good power delivery but when i got my williams the difference! so glad i chose the williams over the valver , having the low down power i love, the handling is just much more stable , never twitches on bends just sticks!

Well, ive had my valver for about a year and a half now and wouldnt swap it for anything - even after considering the amount of debt its put me in! Having had the willy track fitted i now know what people mean about the handling of the williams...it really is that more planted and stable. Im not saying the 16v is inferior in anyway, its just the williams is kindof more advanced...more sorted. I can only assume the power issue is the same....