ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Clutch

Is there much difference in getting an uprated clutch over the standard Renault unit? I havent had an major engine work so running normal power and dont normally drive too much like a monkey. Do uprated clutches offer noticable differences eg lighter feel, more durable etc?

I need a new clutch so was wondering if it is worth paying extra for an uprated one like Diamond or AP Racing offer.

----====Monkey45====----

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

get the uprated GTT clutch from GSF. Cheaper than a standard clutch and iv had one for the past year and its bang on!

very sharp clutch though, takes some getting used to!

Thanks for the info.

Im not really bothered about the weight of the clutch, used to it now, its more the reliability Im after - fed up of never having a car that is free of all major problems! Ive only had the valver a month and the head gasket needs doing, so I could do with sticking a relaible clutch in while Im at it.

Adams_16v - sorry must still be a bit of a noobie, where is GSF?:oops: does the 5GT clutch fit the Valver then?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah its actually a volvo 440 turbo clutch under Renault 5 but it fits the clio. Make sure its the uprated one and not the other 2 which arent as good!

Ah German and Swedish! Used to get parts from them for my old Beetle! Slightly fewer ponies on that though.:)

Thanks, will check it out and have a chat with my friendly local mechanic.

Dont bother with an uprated, expsensive clutch, will give you nowt except a better clamp for standing starts.

Right then, my pride and joy is goin in for a head gasket job this week so I wanted to check which clutch you meant Adams_16v

Been on the GSF site, is the part I want R18914A or V19675 or are they the same part? Would appreciate some advice on this as Ill be ordering it tomorrow I think.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

this is the one u want mate. i have it at the moment!

R18914
CLUTCH KIT-UPRATED
R5 NEW SHAPE TURBO-HEAVY DUTY