ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver side exit exhaust

ph1 172
Got hold of a brand new one of those devil side exit exhausts that they ran on the valver race cars.

From what i can see it goes straight from the back of the cat and is just a stright-through pipe to the passenger side just in front of the rear wheel. Now you dont have to be a genius to realise that its going to be stupidly loud.

My initial idea was to have a big silencer made to replace the cat to quieten it down a bit and my car is 1991 so it wouldnt be a problem with emissions.

Now my question really is how quiet can i get it with just a silencer in place of the cat?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I don't really know, but i'm sure if you ring a few Custom exhaust places they'd be able to give you an idea!

ph1 172
it would sound nice for about a minute until i was deaf and had to drive it with people looking at me thinking "what a..."