ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valvers - Chav mobiles?

SLK 350
The last 4/5 Valvers I've seen have sadly been full of chavvy spotty kids with hideous exhausts and usually suffering from other ailments, washer jet LED anyone?

Sad to say, but they really are up there with the Corsas/Saxos it seems. Guess all 'good' cars end up with a similar following once they're cheap enough.

Not aimed at rattling any Valver owners on here mind.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
ph1 172 are gettin that way as well, the ph2 wont be that far behind:dapprove:

i't will happen to most good/fun car when they are cheap enough

F82 M4
try to keep mine looking as standard as possible. I know what your getting at, seen a couple of william's full of caps and hardcore music!!

The good ones are obvious though :cool:

I remember when I was with the ex we'd see some bloke of about 60 driving his mint naples valver the other way at about the same point each day - it's not the car that's chav, it's the driver!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have to say there never used to be any valvers around my way but two have just come on the scene. Both gash! I think one only has second gear or thats all he seems to use....

Golf GTI PP Mk7
corsas are the main offenders round my way, plus the usuals, 106's, saxos etc.

I might go on a chav hunt round my way at some point and get pics of the best (worst) ones, lol.

my best friends sister is going out with a 17 year old that drives an absolute gem, ill get pics soon, you lot will love it :p

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Infact, my old old valver was a chav mobil! pmsl!

myvalver.gif

Ccccheck the 17's!

I haven't seen any valvers for ages, apart from a mint J reg one the other day, that's been it for a long time.

- Tom your valver wasn't chav at all, I thought it was a great example of one.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
theyre getting rarer tho arent they?

if u think about it u dont see many about in general, they are pretty rare for what they are.

F82 M4
Well I live in a little town near Stoke, I have one, my mate has one, theres 2 in the east side of town, 1 other in the north and one just outside town. 6! And i think theres roughtly about 63 172's :p

Jag Mondeo -Type
Unfortunately happens to most hot hatches.

Hopefully (for me) the 172 cup's higher insurance will keep chavs away
**crosses fingers and toes**

PHS 1 172 SILVER
thats why you hardly see any around because a 17year old can get insured on it and they end up riting it off, sad realy:(

thats why you hardly see any around because a 17year old can get insured on it and they end up riting it off, sad realy:(
How can a 17 year old get insured on one ? They're group 12 so not exactly the price of a 1.3 fiesta to insure.

Clio 172 mk2
I thought a valver would be more than group 12...probably 15/16 so still expensive to insure.

Lots of chavved up 1.2/1.4 clios around though

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't seen any valvers for ages, apart from a mint J reg one the other day, that's been it for a long time.

It was very clean and my hybrid made up for it imo...:cool:

Neil, yep valvers are group 12.

Clio 172 mk2

It was very clean and my hybrid made up for it imo...:cool:

Neil, yep valvers are group 12.

I'm very surprised at that....I'm sure my old Renault 19 16v was a higher group than that.

Oh well, at least the 172/182 is a higher insurance group so will stay more out of reach of the scrotes.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yeah, lots of lower models are dressed up to look liek valvers, real ones still have amazing road presence tho and still look great.

not to mention fly!