ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valvers - Fuckin awesome!!!!! :D

Re: Valvers - f**kin awesome!!!!! :D

^ I didnt **** the mk 2 off, I just gave the reasons why I chose the Willy over the 172, which were simply my opinion and other people will have other opinions which I accept. I did add IMO to the end.

I like 1*2s and in some other areas are the better cars (and admittedly, I have never driven a Trophy), I just prefer the Willy.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
As i said before,it took about 10 years for renault to come up with an alternative to the willy,and it only just pips it

ian

williams and trophy

I agree with Ali in the fact the mk1's ARE much easier to launch.

The only way the 182 feels anywhere near the mk1 in terms of launching is if the esp gets turned off but then if feels s**te from second onwards imo.

seems like all the fast ones went north and all the slows stayed in the midalnds..........

...........And further south!!! ;)

Does make you wonder really but then as you've said previously it is what, three people off here that have chatted the same garble at least once a week (il give them two if im being harsh) for the duration of my time on this forum.

I remember when i had my mk1 and was open about its capabilitys and the same people said it was a dud as there doing with Ali's now.......Funny how if its not MODIFIED beyond an ik and zorst and not stripped to the bone the cars are classed as a duds!!! Lol

Mine was a low milaged engine out of a rear ended 2 and for what it was nobody i knew in the real world thought it was bad.

lol.....im not saying alis is a dud. im saying on here what iv told him on msn. theres something wrong with it. it wont even hit the limiter in top. now to me.thats something wrong.

0159, has pretty much always run with full trim, and spare, unless it was for the strip/track, where bare minimal rear seats and spare would be removed. and for the first 3 years of ownership, all i did to it was filter n zorst.

0051 however is a diff story hehe

VaVa

lol, you've not actually said what cornering G's equates to, I dont know, hence why I asked

who mentioned mods too? I'm taklking about replacing tired 10 year old suspension for new standard suspension and a tired old lump with one that's rebuilt and running the same compression as when new. When I replaced mine it made a monumental difference.

The lateral G shows how much mechanical grip a car has. It's the only measureable means to test it afaik.

Handling (which is very different to outright grip)is of course entirely subjective..... What's good for one man isn't going to be right for another.

Although having driven a Williams I think few could say that the handling wasn't more enjoyable. Again I put this down to it's light weight... it's infinitely chuckable and less likely to snap away from you.

The lateral G shows how much mechanical grip a car has. It's the only measureable means to test it afaik.

Handling (which is very different to outright grip)is of course entirely subjective..... What's good for one man isn't going to be right for another.

Although having driven a Williams I think few could say that the handling wasn't more enjoyable. Again I put this down to it's light weight... it's infinitely chuckable and less likely to snap away from you.

aah right... so it has more grip... fair do's, must mean Mk2's have the advantage up the 1/4 mile... the Williams really must be quite a bit faster in that case then :p

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I agree with Ali in the fact the mk1's ARE much easier to launch.

The only way the 182 feels anywhere near the mk1 in terms of launching is if the esp gets turned off but then if feels s**te from second onwards imo.

...........And further south!!! ;)

Does make you wonder really but then as you've said previously it is what, three people off here that have chatted the same garble at least once a week (il give them two if im being harsh) for the duration of my time on this forum.

I remember when i had my mk1 and was open about its capabilitys and the same people said it was a dud as there doing with Ali's now.......Funny how if its not MODIFIED beyond an ik and zorst and not stripped to the bone the cars are classed as a duds!!! Lol

Mine was a low milaged engine out of a rear ended 2 and for what it was nobody i knew in the real world thought it was bad.

lol.....im not saying alis is a dud. im saying on here what iv told him on msn. theres something wrong with it. it wont even hit the limiter in top. now to me.thats something wrong.

0159, has pretty much always run with full trim, and spare, unless it was for the strip/track, where bare minimal rear seats and spare would be removed. and for the first 3 years of ownership, all i did to it was filter n zorst.

Jon, It would hit the limiter it would just take too long! Too much risk and with 102k miles on the clock i really don't want to have to buy a new engine!

John - 20k!!! I'd rather be seen in your car than pay that much! ;) The day i spent that on a car i'll throw in the towel. - As you said, regardless of the model the mk2 is more bearable. I almost wish i was drivin to FCS now and kept my tracktime. The willy is brill now, bar an annoyin exhaust rattle...

Also i parting comment - The day i find the limit in the willy i will either be on the roof - Like martin or spinnin in the grass like jon...(Roll cage and buckets soon then :))

Jon, It would hit the limiter it would just take too long! Too much risk and with 102k miles on the clock i really don't want to have to buy a new engine!

John - 20k!!! I'd rather be seen in your car than pay that much! ;) The day i spent that on a car i'll throw in the towel. - As you said, regardless of the model the mk2 is more bearable. I almost wish i was drivin to FCS now and kept my tracktime. The willy is brill now, bar an annoyin exhaust rattle...

Also i parting comment - The day i find the limit in the willy i will either be on the roof - Like martin or spinnin in the grass like jon...(Roll cage and buckets soon then :))

I'm pretty sure mine took around the low 30 second point to go from 0-limiter, that was probably with cams and on the stock ECU though, as there's no way it would do that with the diesel box in as it would be off the clock just as it comes on cam in 5th (4th to 140mph).

It was a learning experience, I did it and wouldn't do it again that's for f**king sure! Having said that I'd love another Williams, but none exists that live up to the standard I'd want from one second time round. Well... maybe a couple do but the owners would never sell! lol

You should bring the Vee to FCS, I think one of my badges at the rear might be wonky, you could check it for me if you can get close enough ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I'm pretty sure mine took around the low 30 second point to go from 0-limiter, that was probably with cams and on the stock ECU though, as there's no way it would do that with the diesel box in as it would be off the clock just as it comes on cam in 5th (4th to 140mph).

It was a learning experience, I did it and wouldn't do it again that's for f**king sure! Having said that I'd love another Williams, but none exists that live up to the standard I'd want from one second time round. Well... maybe a couple do but the owners would never sell! lol

You should bring the Vee to FCS, I think one of my badges at the rear might be wonky, you could check it for me if you can get close enough ;)

Vee's not ready! I'll be there in the black pearl tho! I don't want to be behind another GDi tuned car! Last time wasn't memorable! ;) All the best son!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Having spent that much on the willy jesus,its no wonder you have to keep the dream alive...lol
I'd still have one though in all fairness.My 182 used to hit the limiter in 5th as have many other 172/182's.But the willy is cheaper to buy.Even if you spent 6-7k now on a mint rust free low miler,they are still a cracking car.
I really wish top gear or 5th gear had done an old willy v's new 182/trophy to see whats what with some proper drivers and not the usual keyboard wanabes with there spair wheel out and no rear seat.FFS this makes me laugh sometimes

ian

IMO never mind whats quicker at the end of the day there good and bad ones.

Ask another question to people who have driven both which would they prefere to realy drive. Williams wins ever time.

LY 200

I really wish top gear or 5th gear had done an old willy v's new 182/trophy to see whats what with some proper drivers and not the usual keyboard wanabes with there spair wheel out and no rear seat.FFS this makes me laugh sometimes

ian

Lmao......Thats a pretty fair comment is that!!! :D

VaVa
True, but even if we had that kind of proof we'd still argue lol!

Besides it's only a bit of friendly banter. At least it is on my behalf.

LY 200
Lol......The banters always at its best on here when its on the Williams/mk2!!!

If only they hadnt made driving tales over on wc members only. :D

Black Clio GT
all the arguments aside, for fun per pound i dont think you can get much better handerling car than a vlaver!!

maybe in 15 years time we will say the same about the 1*2 but time will tell.....

williams and trophy

Having spent that much on the willy jesus,its no wonder you have to keep the dream alive...lol
I'd still have one though in all fairness.My 182 used to hit the limiter in 5th as have many other 172/182's.But the willy is cheaper to buy.Even if you spent 6-7k now on a mint rust free low miler,they are still a cracking car.

ian

well..just a short vid of the williams vs 172 when the 172 was fairly new ;)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/35341e49-4af8-4842-9356-9838012fff0a.htm

and if you look closely, you will notice i have the babyseats in the back, as well as the rear seats and spare wheel. lol

ian

pah, it's only money at the end of the day, just think how quick this one will be by the time it's had the same spent on it... which in a perfect world wont be 90% repairs! lol
All these programs should do a special on hot hatches over the era's and do a massive shootout and comparison, getting a few of each car as well... sadly it wont ever happen :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
in experience of owning both the mark 1 - valver and mark 2 - 172

they are totally different cars, the valver felt much quicker however the power took a little bit to come in, the 172 doesn't feel as quick but i know it is quicker, it also has the power constantly and always seems to want to go quicker.

as for handling i have not really pushed the 172 at all yet but i would say i felt more confident in the valver

i would be lieing if i said i hadn't thought about going back to a mark 1

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

ian

and if you look closely, you will notice i have the babyseats in the back, as well as the rear seats and spare wheel. lol

LOL! The 172 was just about to nail you and the vid ended! ;)

LY 200
Christ on bike......Thats a shocker mate, was deffinatly one of the nicest examples too!!!

Id be truly gutted if that was my old hybrid that id put money and time into even a year on.

Clio 182

OI! There are 'some' quick clio's down south, ill be at pod when we get some half decent weather :cool:

williams and trophy

you will also notice me pulling about 1/2-3/4 of a car length in the first 2 gears. this pattern carried on in the next 3 ;)

i have more vids...but none uploaded to a host. it got a bit silly later on in the day lol. craggys saxo was also a party in this day, as well as rhys' 206 and adis silver valver, which was also a quick un til he binned it lol.

if the mk 2 was soooo much better than the williams, and faster..why sell the 172 and keep the willy?? ;)

oh btw. as for times again. adis hybrid on 30 jet nos was running 13.6.....matt blacks v6 on 100 shots was runnin 13.8s i believe...;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

ian

pah, it's only money at the end of the day, just think how quick this one will be by the time it's had the same spent on it... which in a perfect world wont be 90% repairs! lol
All these programs should do a special on hot hatches over the era's and do a massive shootout and comparison, getting a few of each car as well... sadly it wont ever happen :(

Totally agree,the manafacturers would go nuts if one of there super duper new hatches was beaten by a seven year old model for e.g lol

ian

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Oh and that valver looks like it had "ground force" round to do a patio conversion.
What a shame,nice car

ian

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

you will also notice me pulling about 1/2-3/4 of a car length in the first 2 gears. this pattern carried on in the next 3 ;)

i have more vids...but none uploaded to a host. it got a bit silly later on in the day lol. craggys saxo was also a party in this day, as well as rhys' 206 and adis silver valver, which was also a quick un til he binned it lol.

if the mk 2 was soooo much better than the williams, and faster..why sell the 172 and keep the willy?? ;)

oh btw. as for times again. adis hybrid on 30 jet nos was running 13.6.....matt blacks v6 on 100 shots was runnin 13.8s i believe...;)

A) Because no other c**t would buy it considering it breaks more than it goes
B) People look at you and think...If i don't let him win he'll hit me with a spade or a trowel - or whatever the f**k you farmers use!
C) You got a headstart! - And your an old man!
D) You gonna take me for another spin this yr? lol

Polo GTi
hehe love my Cup its great, but have been like an over excited school boy this week as the Williams has been in for its MOT, aint drove it for 5 months and I cant fuckin wait, don't get this feeling with the Cup, oh and 2live car should be Insured and taxed by the end of the week you fancy a comparaision in something other than 159, I''ll see if I can get Chris out ;)

williams and trophy
thats not a problem..iv rectified the 10 mpg on 0051 now....hehe.

took the bodies off and gone back to standard inlet. left the cams in tho ;)

slowly slowly gettin ready for spa lol. let me know when your about.

Polo GTi

thats not a problem..iv rectified the 10 mpg on 0051 now....hehe.

took the bodies off and gone back to standard inlet. left the cams in tho ;)

slowly slowly gettin ready for spa lol. let me know when your about.

Cool would be a good comparison then, Cams vs Cams :evil: