ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valvers gone.

Clio 1.8 16v
last thu night, mu girlfriends uncle took out my valver(only had it 2 weeks). pranged it without insurance into a lampost. with me and my girlfriend inside. police ambulance fire engines the lot. so no hiding it.:( they cut the roof off, i swear the were cutting things just for the fun of it. wouldnt wish it upon anyone to see it getting torn apart. anyway, his insurance is with egg, and i was wondering if their was anything i could do to get some money back as i dont think hes willing to pay for the debt hes left me with.

Er, sue?

Though, to be honest, if the police are aware that he had no insurance both you and him are looking at 6 points each on your licence.

Clio 1.8 16v
i also meant to add. he is fully comp on his car an mg zs,(could smoke it) and he thinks hes covered on my 3rd party, but the valver had no insurance at all on it. tell me what use think? is it possible for me to get money back? is he insured?

IF he's insured against 3rd party claims you could claim against him on that front, but I would imagine that it would have to be for injuries caused.

He needs to check his policy. (Which, of course, he should have done beforehand.)

If he's not covered, you're pretty much both fucked I'm afraid.

1996 Valver
He is only insured if you/someone has seperate insurance on the Valver that was crashed. If there is no insurance on the car, even people with 'Fully comp' are not covered 3rd party!

Sorry dude.

Pat_986 said:
He is only insured if you/someone has seperate insurance on the Valver that was crashed. If there is no insurance on the car, even people with 'Fully comp' are not covered 3rd party!
I never understand why that is though - surely you just need to be insured to drive it? Otherwise how do trade policies work?