ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vectra Remapped

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
I thought they were real figures its just people get confused with ps and bhp, arnt the clio measured in ps not bhp thats why there not full on power

e.g 172ps = 169bhp

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Good to hear you've gone for the map - I'm desperate to get mine done, but with a baby due and a house move on the go, it isn't going to happen soon!

The vec is pretty rapid as standard, so I expect that extra slug of torque will give a brutal kick in the back! According to the folks on vxronline, with a map they're capable of 170+ at the top end too!

While I'm here, I can resist sticking a few pics of mine up - I've just got some extra load space!

3518849427_1c7c0bdf71_o.jpg

3518849017_9f78d0886b_o.jpg

3519661574_1c6d9ca4b2_o.jpg

3519661314_8ceda6556e_o.jpg

3518847737_e762c2f5f8_o.jpg

3518848047_11e4961c11_o.png

3519662732_75bea64485_o.jpg

In answer to some of the points about how it drives - Mine's far from the way that Clarkson would have you believe, but it's not as chuckable 182 either (just look at the size of it to see why!) - it grips very well though, and as long as you're not a muppet with the throttle is pretty good overall.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Any pictures of the engine bay? 280ps arnt they which works out at 276bhp and 262lbs ft of torque, so christ big improvement on torque

I thought the torque would be higher than that standard with the v6 turbo TBH

Still, the post remap figure is impressive like!

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
In response to previous posts, they are 2.8 V6 'twin scroll' turbo. So the smaller scroll is for low revs and the bigger scroll is for high revs to have power across the whole rev range. I think these are in the same turbo housing so not necessarily a twin turbo.

Always loved these ever since one went passed me on my push bike. Sounded immense.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They chase much better cars than you would imagine...

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/car...hi_evo_v_impreza_v_vectra_vxr_v_bmw_330i.html

Roger nabs the keys first, and I jump into the VXR to see if it impresses on these much more challenging roads. I lead, and it quickly becomes clear that the Vectra has pace and composure to spare. The trick, constantly variable damping deals with the wicked dips and gnarled surface superbly, and front-end grip is huge - through very quick corners the STi looks like it's struggling to keep in touch. The VXR is by no means perfect, the steering is too light and you have to get past a dead patch either side of centre, but its sheer grip and strong body-control really buoy your confidence. And the way the rear of the VXR gently jinks out on turn-in to assist the front wheels is very impressive. It feels poised, with no torque-steer to speak of and supremely effective traction control. Poised? Vauxhall? Maybe I'm going mad...

Last edited:
  Leon Cupra 300
Cool.. like these a lot, wheels i'm not too fond of, but i don't know what i'd have on instead.!

I'd say 350lbft of torque sounds more likely, still hell of a lot though!:D love it.