ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vee Mk1 / Z4 M Coupe / Elise 111S Pics

V6 230
Hi,

As it was a lovely day today went for a spirited drive with a couple of mates as one has just collected a Z4 M Coupe.....what an amazing car!!!
Soo fast and fun to drive, vee didnt stand a chance...although I managed to keep up with the elise (just) due to lower seats in mine transforming the handling.

CIMG0349.jpg

CIMG0351.jpg

CIMG0352.jpg

CIMG0353.jpg

CIMG0360.jpg

CIMG0361.jpg

The Vee got a little warm so stopped for a bit ;)

CIMG0362.jpg

CIMG0363.jpg

CIMG0365.jpg

Comments welcome,

James

320d
3 Lovely Cars.

However, How do the lower seats actually change the physical handling properties of the car? All they do is improve the driving position so it is more comfortable to drive.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
OOooooOoooOooo...I see you got your seats and those harnesses look lovely. Where are they mounted to?

Z4M and Clio V6...Great cars...;)

V6 230
Lovely seats.. but improved handling?! Did you lean forward for better weight distribution?

I am not taking b****cks or living in dream land lol, seats are bolted straight to the floor so are very low and with harnesses transform the handling by keeping you strapped in place, giving much more confidence and feel.

I know that it doesnt actually improve handling like suspension mods but the feeling makes a huge diffeence

James

ST
Vee awesome in every way, so eye catching.

For out and out performance the Z every time.

111S...snore, 10 a penny in any city centre, usually drivin by people who don't drive them to anywhere near their potential.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I am not taking b****cks or living in dream land lol, seats are bolted straight to the floor so are very low and with harnesses transform the handling by keeping you strapped in place, giving much more confidence and feel.

I know that it doesnt actually improve handling like suspension mods but the feeling makes a huge diffeence

James

I know what you mean...but there no lower than the stock seats so...invalidates the very low comment. unless you've custom mod'd your subframes...but looking at the pics it's the same as mine.

V6 230
I know what you mean...but there no lower than the stock seats so...invalidates the very low comment. unless you've custom mod'd your subframes...but looking at the pics it's the same as mine.

No mate I have custom subframes that bolt straight to the floor without runners etc, I cant see the windscreen wipers or washer jets, they are MUCH lower than standard ;)

V6 230
Agree with Justin, the mk1 vee does nothing for me (looks wise).

Z4M....Yum!

Fair enough :( lol
Must admit that out of those three it would be my 2nd choice, nice to hear peoples opinions tho
Would love a mk2 vee but as mine is only on 19k miles I would only be able to afford a high (er) mileage one and cant really justify that.

Thanks for comments!

James

Nothing against the Vee! I'm a big lotus fan tbh, and have recently grown to like the Z4M's aswell. Maybe in a more brash colour it would look better.

V6 230
Nothing against the Vee! I'm a big lotus fan tbh, and have recently grown to like the Z4M's aswell. Maybe in a more brash colour it would look better.

I competly agree too, I dont take anything as a critacism, everyone has different tastes :D

Golf R soon...
Loving the Z4M, must shift that!

The V6 is looking as good as ever James ;) Especially with those seats :)

Titanium 182
Nothing against your Vee buddy I'd love one but would have the other two over a vee I think, would maybe struggle between lotus and a ph2 but probs go for the lotus :p

I seriously have to question how, on b roads, the Elise isn't trumping all over the Vee and at least keeping up with the Z4...