ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vee updates (pic heavy)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Thought it was about time to stick a update of whats being going off with the vee over the past few months.

I came to a point where i nearly sold it (after driving 2 hours to pick up a new scooby STI then finding out the guy had promised it to two people) but glad i kept it now, work have given me a van for work so its now a weekend toy which suits it perfect and i've used the petrol money i've saved to splash out on a few goodies!

I've kept the car 100% standard but after driving around with 9 other vee's at the lakes meet i decided that it was time to start playing a bit.

First on my list to release a bit more noise was a piperX panel filter, makes a nice sucking noise from the left hand pod when you give it a poke! Took me 3 hours to fit the swine however..

bcb758e3.jpg

5265487e.jpg

I was happy with a noise for all of 2 weeks when i decided to bite the bullet and get a quicksilver, for one reason i thought my standard exhaust was dying as a got a bad rattle from the exhaust whilsts on tick over plus i always fancied a bit more noise from it, alot of people slate them for being so damn noisy but it suits for car's looks being a bit mad! Makes some awesome pop's and bangs but is a bit droney at low revs...

5679b758.jpg

40da1045.jpg

Picture1308.jpg

Picture1309.jpg

After putting it back together and feeling quite proud of mine and my mates handy work we went for a drive...

... and found the rattle still to be there! But more on that later.

Right next on my shopping list was some new seats, i'd always liked the optional recaro's but really wanted something a bit different.

So some porsche GT3 carbon buckets it was then :approve: retrimmed in grey alcantara to match the insides, the difference it makes to the car is amazing, so much nicer to drive and surprisingly comfy seeing as how little there is to them!

02a95f20.jpg

058d97f7.jpg

Picture1283.jpg

Picture1282.jpg

Picture1285.jpg

Right back to the rattle...

after taking the car apart again i realised it was the collector pipe that had a rattle, a new one from renault is over £700 and you can't buy a off the shelf de-cat, so we bodged one!

Utter b*****d to get off, all 8 studs refused to budge so had to grind them off then weld nuts to them to get them off the exhaust after!

Picture1315.jpg

Picture1330.jpg

Picture1333.jpg

Picture1334.jpg

two cats removed then welded back up

3ac8035d.jpg

f74cdf7c.jpg

I'm yet to put it back on yet so don't know how much louder it will be but we'll see!

Also my wheels have been sent off to be refurbed as they were slightly past their best

14291fa9.jpg

49cce22b.jpg

2130319f.jpg

Whilst the car is on axle stands i thought i'd give my calipers a fresh coat of paint and give my arch's a good scrubbing and the bolts a lick of paint.

Picture1298.jpg

Picture1302.jpg

Picture1295.jpg

Picture1296.jpg

I'll also have a perspex bulkhead coming next week to separate just behind the seats to block out the exhaust drone, also means i get to remove the engine covers :)

And thats as it stands now, hoping the wheels will be back soon then its ready for FCS :)

Hope this wasnt too long winded and boring :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Awesome Adam :approve: Your wheels looks fubar'd LOL. Will have to sort out a polishing session when I've got settled down South.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Never seen weels that bad on a vee before, looks like lots of heat damage?

Possibly... i did turn my discs a nice shade of blue last time i drove it

70c75d3a.jpg

yeah luke if definatly needs a good going over!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Awesome Adam :approve: Your wheels looks fubar'd LOL. Will have to sort out a polishing session when I've got settled down South.

Oh that's it, move south, offer to Addz and not me :( Just because he's got a bigger engine

Looks like some brilliant mods, bet it'll sound insane!!

How much was it to trim the seats if you don't mind me aksing? PM me if you don't wanna share in public ;)

Megane RS250
Love the mods, it looks awesome! Are the wheels being refurbed in the same colour or have you gone for something different?

DCi 100
The seats look very modern and futuristic IMO, too much in a typical 172/182.

But tbh I think they suit the out-there style of being just odd like the rest of the Vee.

Enjoy the car like I enjoy the pics dude!

S4 Avant
hopefully not! Second time lucky i hope haha

cheers for the comments :) new steering wheel next when i decide on one i like!

Sabelt Renaultsport wheel. Only one you can go for.

Then try and bodge some buttons to keep the controls...

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
First vee thread I've seen in a while.

Lovely motor.

Video of exhaust when the decat is on!

Seats are amazing btw.

340i
Picture1308.jpg

I am surprised nobody has made the obvious joke yet? Mansfield... no wheels... ;)

Oh wait, it's on axle stands, they would just use bricks LOL