ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very Late BTCC Brands Hatch

Oil Burner
I mentioned completely forgot to post up my BTCC Brands stuff, again trying to do some weird stuff i've not seen done before. Its also my local circuit, so i get bored of doing the same old shots.

No wideangle stuff unfortunately, 10-22 and 50d stayed inside all day, saw 4 50d's breakdown during the day! (it was pretty damp as you can probably see)

As always i appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

1. A man with no luck

855808619_3Ry4Z-L-1.jpg

2. A man with mixed fortunes

855808818_dYRuX-L-1.jpg

3. I wonder which day this was taken on?

855814570_MvJvo-L-1.jpg

4. Beetle

855815894_xqeNa-L-1.jpg

5. Waiting for the off

855806224_jfxBq-L-1.jpg

6. The grandstands were packed....

855810549_ZjfT4-L-2.jpg

7. The racing at the back of the field was close

855835860_3iNfZ-L.jpg

8. Slightly like a broken record here..

855813625_MaRTG-L-1.jpg

9. This short fella seemed quite pleased about the whole thing

855840394_6WwbF-L.jpg

10. Yet another crowd/pan

855809658_oPEgp-L-1.jpg

11. Token Clio shot

855815357_VhzHM-L-1.jpg

Cupra
They are all perfect. Do you have any waterproofing on your lens/ camera or do you just trust the weather sealing?

Oil Burner
Cheers Andy + Feirny,

Had one of those disposable plastic covers on it, but after 5 mins the things are full of condensation and water. But i don't *touches wood* shoot in the rain that often that i can justify a nice Thinktank cover etc..

Biggest pain, was not being able to add or remove the TC for whole races.

To be honest i would probably trust the weather sealing on the camera. I've had my 40d out in worse at BTCC Donington, and that was fine. But its not worth the risk of loosing a camera for a day.

Oil Burner
Yup, saw 4 very sick 50d's (i know 1 of them was wearing a cover constantly, but still died), there seems to be a weather sealing issue with them (although they are not weather sealed anyway, you would still expect some level of protection)

I shoot a 50d and 1d3, I didnt really need the 50d so didnt risk taking it out for most of the day. Its only really used for wideangle stuff now as i cant use the 10-22 on the 1d.

Megane
I have just got the 10-22mm for my crop. Are you not better using a 17-40mm on your full frame? I think the 50D is only sealed on the CF cover and the Battery lid.

Hesitating on the 7D too after alot of horror stories :S

I think its about time Canon started to do some work on their line up :eek: Would love a 7D Mark 2!!

Oil Burner
Yeh, 17-40 is probably on the shopping list. Also trying to upgrade the 100-300 f4 to a 300 2.8 of some sort, but as yet not managed.

Truthfully the 50d does a cracking job with the 10-22, so i'm not too bothered about upgrading currently. If i was doing low light work or using the lens as a main lens then maybe it would be worth it.

With regards to the 7d, im unsure what to think. What i see Jungle Jim produce with his, impresses me alot. But some of the high iso crops i've seen have been typical 1.6 crop high density sensor rubbish. The 50d crops @ high iso are truly dreadful.