ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibra technics uprated engine mounts

I think everyone is aware of how poor the standard mounts are on the 172/182.

I was going to get a set of Group N mounts see below but for £760 I decided it was a bit to much for a set of engine mounts.

A25670CL2.jpg

I am going to get in contact with this companies which is only 30 miles from me see if they are interested in developeing a set for the RS Clios.

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/default.asp

From the picture above ktec already do the dogbone mount (no.4) so it will be for no.s 1-3

no 1 is the top mount
no 2 is the ?? mount (whats this one called?)
no 3 is the gearbox mount

Who would be seriously interested in a set if I could get them done? They wont be cheap. I would expect they will be around £300 for a set.

All details to be confirmed but it would be nice if we could get five people to buy a set to cover the intial production costs.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
eventually, but you'll struggle to get anyone to make them, the tooling costs i think will be too much

eventually, but you'll struggle to get anyone to make them, the tooling costs i think will be too much

I will give them a call and see. Trouble is the RS clio owners are a bunch of tight b******s when it comes to tuning parts. I think most people would consider £300 to much?

Audi TT 225
How much are the renault items out of interest?

Im not tight! you dont wanna know what my cars cost me so far!

Lionel Richie
standard replacements (full set) come to about £350

so i'd say retail price halfway between the std renault stuff and the GrpN mounts

so upto approx £500ish

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We recently priced up a full set of mounts and it came to around £150 including VAT for all 4.

David.

Audi TT 225
We recently priced up a full set of mounts and it came to around £150 including VAT for all 4.

David.

Christ Im sure I heard the top mount was around that much from renaults!
Do you get a discount if you buy all the mounts together lol? Any idea how much the upper enigne one is?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We have spoken to powerflex but nothing seemed to come from it.

I would be intertested to hear what Vibra Technics say and if it helps we could talk to them about quantity purchases to help reduce costs.

David.

Clio 172 Cup
im glad you started this thread.

just been on the phone to Euro Car Parts and for the follwoing they quoted me £69.58 inc Vat (trade price):

top upper engine mount
upper gearbox mount
dogbone

I have recently fitted the powerflex bushes from ktec in the dogbone which have reduced quite alot of knocking (but still some there from the others). But now the whole car vibarates at idle. I have been told that the powerflex bushes knacker the other standard mounts up, now I can see why.

Unless I can uprate the other bushes, I will probably get the lot off Euro Parts for £70.

Cup'd Monaco 172
Uprated front suspension top mounts would be nice too.

Does the 172 share the same mounts as any of the diesel engines? Sometimes the diesels come with harder mounts.

ph 2 172
Uprated front suspension top mounts would be nice too.

Does the 172 share the same mounts as any of the diesel engines? Sometimes the diesels come with harder mounts.

They share them with the 1.6 16V I think, that explains lots of things...

Clio 172 Cup
just called renault on this and total retail price for three (upper right, upper left, dogbone) is £121.53

they said they can't find the fourth one on the computer which would be the small one at the front of the gear box (2 in picture on first post).

Euro car parts quoted me £70.00 for the same three items. Which of course I know are pattern parts, but do you think both would perform the same?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
In the company where I work (Hydril, there is a faclity in Aberdeen) uses some rollers made of Uretane, so I did some test, they made a metal base and put the liquid uretane and machine a uretane bar to made the dogbone.

Puling away in 1st gear under hard aceleration felt great, great traction and cero tramp.

The problem.... vibrationans at idle, they told me let´s try with a softer compound so this could be a large process traying to find the balance between resitance- hardness of the monts and vibrations

Regards

143-4392_IMG.jpg

Soportem3.jpg

Soportem5.jpg

Soportem6.jpg

cup 182 mit stripes
Mark is hoping the new conversion will be so powerful the mill will fly out of the bay with out beefed up mounts.lol

ITB'd Ph1 172
new top mounts are solid sphrical bearing... fit std and uprated shocks, makes a huge difference.

gets rid of ANY play in the top mount

RS RIP
after searching on the topic "mounts" (ofcourse mine are on the way out....) i came across this thread.
Wanted also the group N's , after reading the price here i'm having second thoughts :eek:

any news on these uprated ones ?

after searching on the topic "mounts" (ofcourse mine are on the way out....) i came across this thread.
Wanted also the group N's , after reading the price here i'm having second thoughts :eek:

any news on these uprated ones ?

I got as far as seeing if the company (vibra technics) were interested. They were but needed a set of mounts as a starting point. I wasnt going to buy a set and no one had a secondhand set so I didnt progress it any further.

If anyone else wants to sort them out be my guest they seemed keen to do it.