ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video from Snetterton last Sunday in Clio 172 cup

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ha ha, yeah I think you have the unreliable powerful turbo side of things well and truely covered with the westfield!

We'll be taking our own 172 as Les wants to drive it, but if you need a spare driver to take yours over one of us will happily drive that over for you too so you guys can take the lotus and westy, makes loads of sense having all 3 there when you are allowed to change car about during the day.
Mike'll be taking his daily hack standard 172 with us too, so I need to avoid me and him getting into racing each other so its good we wont be allowed out at the same time if me/les/him share a transponder thingy, as the ring isnt the ideal place for bumper to bumper racing really when you have shallow pockets like me.

Really looking forward to it as it will be my first ring trip where its been a closed circuit rather than the usual tourist mayhem, going to be weird though going from being one of the quicker drivers round there on a TF day to being massively slower than everyone else, and its going to be a big baptism of fire for the mrs doing that as her first day out there!

Just waiting to hear back from Darren, have filled out the form on his site to book up but not yet had the invoice through to pay, so just hoping here are still spaces left etc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah I totally agree with keeping it we only got rid of it because it was one less thing to go wrong for endurance races and it was roughly the same cost as a new dephaser. Was just asking to see if you had done non vvt and how you were finding mid range torque but obviously not applicable :)

We've played around with different timing settings on the standard setup (by deliberately mistiming the inlet cam) and the standard one actually moves too far really for the two positions to be both particuarly useful, what you really want is one that any advances by a few degrees, so the base setting is set for the top end and then the advanced position with a few degrees more for the midrange, and at least then if the solenoid burns out etc on an endurance race it wouldnt leave such a deficit as it would on the standard one.

As you say though, most reliable possible option is a fixed vernier that you just set once and then forget about, well providing the screws dont rattle loose, lol

Thanks Chip yeah that would be nice but I guess difficult to implement.

Yes I think over winter we will have a play with it and see if we can get any more mid range torque out of it :) Lol about the screws don't put anything else in my head about going wrong ;)

AHhh she's still going strong... T6 CUP was always one of the more powerful ones straight out of the factory to be honest. I still say it was the way I ran her in ;)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Nice cup mate, goes well!

That Exige looks as if it's got a sh*t load of body roll for some reason.