ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viper Induction fitting! Questions!

Iceberg 172

OK, unit went on nicely, but has led to a few questions on my intentions!

Want to feed the air from the fog light opening on the filter side, so removed all the standard trunking Reno fitted, including the butterfly flap in the black plastic surround down in the wheel well. I see the idle control valve or something sits there, so kept that.
The question is what can I expect now all that has gone. The viper now sucks through an unrestricted pipe!
Also, will forcing air into the filter Ram Effect style cause any problems. The Air going into the trunking has no where to escape when it isnt needed, but will air pressure simply stop anymore oxygen entering the inlet manifold when the butterfly closes?

is that what that pipe with the butterfly valve is then? i removed mine!! Maybe shouldnt have done that!!!! :oops:

Lionel Richie

bin the black tube thingy, waste of time

Ram air doesnt happen unless youre doing 200mph!!

you want the air flow as unrestricted as possible

hence why there willl shortly be a Yozzasport moddification to the viper (all im gonna say is carbon)

Iceberg 172

Great, Ill attatch an air feed from the fog light and see how it goes then!

Interested in what this Yozza thing is all about!!!

Thanks guys!

coolio, i have been meaning to buy myself a cold air feed for mine and have been running without for months:oops:

You do get a nice RAAASSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:D

"better without.... recently proven!!!! tuned length is upset by it..."

im confused,its better to run a viper with no cold air feed fitted to filter?surely this will suck warm air from the engine bay,therefore less dence air therefore less performance?

is this not the case?

wots tuned length? how is it upset?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

I have a CAF to the fog light and its pissing me off so might remove it. Andy are you sure it is better without?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

AH!

should have thought about that post first...

if its in the corner or near where the cold air comes in then the cold air pipe seems to show loses!

however if the entry is near heat, rad etc... then feed the air to it...

we have indeed been playing with a viper in the non std possition and it picked up power, or lost less without the feed to it.....

dont jump to fast chaps... i will test it in the "normal" possition with and without to see what differences it makes...

hows that for helping!!! LOL

Andy

gary, dont touch anything.... you will break it like the last time!!!! LOL...

only joking... see you in cornwall...

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

tuned length is like exhausts.... the engine sees the pipe length and the air pulses its pulling in... depending on the pipe length effect the air flow and movement.... and therfore can affect power etc...

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Too late lol...the trumpet intake thingy fell off whilst washing it the other day...nothing a bit of tape wont fix lol. Want a propper intake panel or something...a nice carbon foglight panel with an intake built in so its one piece would be good.

ive got my viper on a 1m length of neoprene down to the bottom grille (172)so tomorrow im going to test it without the ducting ill post how i get on !;)

Quote: Originally posted by Holden_McGroin on 24 July 2005

ive got my viper on a 1m length of neoprene down to the bottom grille (172)so tomorrow im going to test it without the ducting ill post how i get on !;)
Nice one :)