ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Viper or BMC induction

Ive got a Piperx induction kit on my 16Ver at the mo....sounds fecking nice but im pretty sure it drowning out my power a bit!

Im thinking of getting a cold air induction kit

the only ones i can find are the;

Pipercross Viper (about £200-£300) or the BMC carbon (about £150 - £250) ..........which is better?

Cheers

BMW 320d Sport

Whichever you can get to fit! Im not too up to date on this, but last time I checked about a year ago, both claimed to do a kit for the valver but when it came down to it, they actually didnt do anything of the sort- ie no way of actually fitting the filter to the throttle body. This may have changed, if either of them do do a true kit which includes everything you need to fit the filter, then go for that one. Dont know about the Viper, Ive never heard anything but good things about it, but I did used to run a custom BMC CDA on my valver and it was the best filter I ever used without a doubt.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Yeah BMC. Unless Ktec have sorted their viper for 16v yet. Trouble with BMC is you need an adaptor plate for throttle body so silicone hose can clamp on.

Think someone said Ktec can make this out of stainless steel.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Got a Viper on my Cup and Im very please with it...

The car is standard apart from the Viper and I ran 14.5secs @ 94mph at York on Sunday!

weve got a new cold air induction kit out for the 16v Clio and Williams. Comes with adaptor and relocation pipework. Bit of a dramatic kit but we have seen a huge difference of air inlet temp. If you want some info e-mail me from http://www.hillpower.co.ukwww.hillpower.co.uk

N.D.Hill:

That looks well good....and inventive!!!

Top Marks!

Im thinking of making something like that myself! Would it be possible to buy just the hoseing?

Andy.

Titanium 182

andy i asked nick exactly the same question

think hes having a think, he said he might in the future

why not now!!!?

Yeah, the only thing is that there doesnt really look like a good air suppley in that little duct.

Plus what happend to the alarm that is supposed to be there?....oh yeah and how the hell did it fit in there any way?