ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vista laptop.

172 cup
I tried vista a while ago when it was longhorn and didn't like it at all but I have bought a laptop for work with vista home premium on it and have been playing with it for the past couple of days and I have got to say I really like vista now! never thought I would say it but I think I have been converted. Graphics wise it is far superior to xp it looks sooo smooth.
Are there any must have vista apps that i should get or inbuilt things i should be utilising that I wouldn't be used to after using xp?

172 cup
start > control panel and put UAC in the search box. It brings up an option to disable it.
start > control panel then change startup programs and turn off sidebar :)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I tried vista a while ago when it was longhorn and didn't like it

Thats probably cause Longhorn was the code name for vista before it was released, it was still in beta stages at that time and it was buggy as hell. I tried it then and didnt like it either.
Now its ok i suppose :)