ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Voltage of connection going into Xenon ignitor unit?

182 Blue Top
Hello all,

Had a problem with my xenon headlamp in that it was on and off for a while then finally died, checked all the usual suspects. Lots of component swapping and found the bulbs were fine , ballasts were fine, but one of the ignitors had a dodgy connection going into it from the three green wires from what i think is the ballast, the connection had corroded away meaning i think pin 1 was missing so no power to the ignitor = no light. This was i think due to the rubber cap never being secured properly onto the back of the unit , allowing water in corroding contacts and eventually the short circuiting which i beleive led to the melting!

Bought a new ignitor and wire off a very odd website (because couldnt find the wire anywhere) , snipped off that old and corroded connection and in my haste(we've all done it) incorrectly labelled the old wires once i snipped them, so im not sure which wires go into pins 1, 3 + 4 :(

I've tried using a multimeter on the working xenon but seem to get different readings to what is being sent by the ballast on the faulty xenon, does anyone have or know or can read their xenon headlamp (pins 1, 3, 4) and be able to post the Voltages up here, so i can re-wire my headlight? I think as i'm getting different readings i think the ballast might be shot now (but thats the next fault finding item after i know i have the wires wired to the correct pins!)

Its been out for about 2 months now and is doing my head in, and its only so long before i get pulled by the fuzz for one dipped bulb not working!

help please, i never had this many issues with my old 1.4 clio :rasp: