ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo 1.7 turbo

clio
hey anyone actuly done this conversion, i herd the engine is made by renault so it is like a direct replacment and you only need to source a couple of things. i long for a turbo engine but it would be a shame to get rid of my clio sooooo ny help, difficulties or advice anyone can gimme? cheers;! :)

Audi TT 225
Yep cant remember his name but there was a chap with a blue one, think he was selling the car too. Someone will post it up

clio
cheers, yeah but its better than 1.2 lol, i would get a 182 engine but then ktech want sooooo much to turbocharge id be very very poor lol, this is like i can get hold of a whole volvo with this engine rip evrything out and shuv it in ! lol...but obviously rip the engine apart and replace a couple of parts..sooo wot do u rekon?

Punto/Clio GTT
tbh i know a few people who did it, i think meddy clio had his orange one done?

was malice's clio the volvo or r5?

tbh dont expect it to be awesome power, i only think they managed to push out like between valver and williams power

Malices was a 1.7 turbo lump on GTT carb.

Nocturnal developments have the 1.7 turbo lump in a 5 shell and its running 12 second quarters, nice reliable lump and good for 200+ bhp on standard internals :D

clio
plenty as i sed its gonna be better then 1.2, high boost and decent exhasut system should still make it pretty nippy, yh ive seen it in an r5 thats whats made me want to do it to my clio, they get more power then a gt turbo engine so it must be a fraily decent and cheap conversion.