ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Volvo Project Fail

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I tried to make some money on this volvo.

I think I’m going to fail.

It was for sale up Cumbria way. Last owner since 2011, mot ran out in January, 153k miles. It looked pretty tidy in the pictures so I thought I’d buy it to see if I could flip it on.

Bought it blind and paid £195 to have it delivered.

The delivery guy was a chef who wasn’t working. I could tell this when the ramp fell off as he was unloading the car and the fact he didn’t think there would be any consequences to freeing a brake off when the car was half way down the ramp without anyone operating the brakes!

Here’s a pic on the truck.

C2576724-4F56-4E57-A913-4539C40318C9.jpeg

It looked bad in low light last night and looked even worse this morning! Passenger side has some pretty bad lacquer peel and the whole thing was covered in moss and s**t. What made it worse was my power washer broke half way through!

As I had the parts from my previous volvos I have changed the oil today and to be fair the engine sounds pretty sweet. There’s a massive hole in the exhaust so that sounds w**k.

Gonna stick it in for a mot and hope for the best. If I can get 12 months on it I might just manage to scrape even. If not, it’s gonna be painful.

889A36CA-347E-4F9D-93DF-A933F6CE354C.jpeg

29A35E6A-9C06-4516-8E8B-92B4F980DB43.jpeg

93AD0CC7-7074-4988-8289-5B0520A2315F.jpeg

93F3F61A-A1B6-4969-BA7E-8AE0A27C1FC0.jpeg

Here’s the hole!
87A18681-981B-45FB-ACE4-C2A75BB8547F.jpeg

EF48FB5C-22DD-4D7E-9BEA-8EBF79FC860E.jpeg

Attachments

• 0F8DB7FD-7DD7-4C8D-BBF8-06D406E59050.jpeg
    0F8DB7FD-7DD7-4C8D-BBF8-06D406E59050.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 96

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Plus you've bought a car from Cumbria, anything above Yorkshire is going to be rotten as f**k😂 My mrs' 11 plate Mini frkm Scotland had shocker pinch bolts that resembled a chewed cheese straw!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Just sell it to that annoying Strictly swede lass that bought your blue seats 🤣

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A new MOT and a really good clean (inside outside, engine, wheels off, arches etc) and you’ll make money on it. People love clean cars.

fear not.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I've got some of those ramps, the little extension piece hasn't been reshaped by the weight of a thousand Volvos though. :D

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve seen full blown rally cars with less sidewall.

Is the B230FK just a smaller turbo? Something which presumably can be remedied quite easily...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not going to lie, I’m sitting here thinking how can he lose that much if he paid £195 for it... I don’t even want to know how much you paid. Grab the Vaseline.

Not to be mr doom, the mot should read well...

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Not going to lie, I’m sitting here thinking how can he lose that much if he paid £195 for it... I don’t even want to know how much you paid. Grab the Vaseline.

£200 is just for the big c**t to be delivered😂

Even before it was delivered Jim had been lubed up and shafted nice and deep so he's already bedded in for the next bumming😂

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Yeah, I wouldn’t be as upset if I’d paid £195 for it. It’s all good fun though.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You could beat the losses by just holding onto it. You only lose money when you sell it right? So don't sell it.

Forge the engine, put a stupid turbo on it and do enormous burnouts in the thing.