ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VTRs are starting to be fast!!

Clio 1.8 16v

i just came up behind a new vts he started reving his engine so i did to!!! so i followed him then we turned a corner and we both nailed it down a straight A-road, the gap was the same till i hit 4th gear and i started to pull up to him slowly then i was up his arse gettin ready to over take but we hit traffic so all the fun was over,not sure what he had done to his car but i know he had 17s on but i have an induction kit,lowerd 35mil,full system exhaust[de-cat}i cant understand why i did not kill him any ideas?and i do know how to drive my car and i was doing full throttle changes!!!:)

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

you should have blitzed him mate, i can play with VTrs no problem. VTs is a bit tougher though.

Maybe he had a supercharge?

Indeed, you say VTR on the title - but VTS in the post itself.

No surprises really if it was a VTS, but there would have to be some serios mods done to the engine if it were a VTR.

Clio 1.8 16v

not sure what he has done will find out next time when i go onto the carpark were he always is!!!but his engine would be all nice and new and mine has done 68thousand oh and i have just had a recon gearbox put on 3days ago!!hope they aint put a 1.4 gearbox in

68k would be no real obstacle to engine performance if it had been well looked after. But, just like with the 106/VTS, it is well known that some Clio/19 16v engines push out more than others.

The fastest standard Clio 16v I know has 110k on the clock!

the VTS/106GTi is a flyer,

if i was 1ft shorter and had smaller feet id have a 106 GTi (size 13s in a 106 means you press all 3 at once) but they are a scream, fantastic revy peeky engine, good handeling but not huge grip by any means,

the VTS us basicaly the same,

VTRs are rubbish, they shouldnnt even be mentioned in such company,

VTR = Baseball cap boy racer rubbish

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

id have a 106 GTI any day, apart from the fact that i am 6ft 4 and have size 12s, went out new years eve and parked my clio at my mates house on the drive infront of his 106 GTI, got up the next day to go home and had to move his car to get mine out, the pedals are so close together! Almost put it straight through a wall!

aye VTRs fall behind me after 70 in my XSI. If there is a s/charger in there though, then 180 brake at the fly is possible. My mate has a s/c VTR converted by GMC and it does 0-100 in 15.2 seconds... watch out 172ers... :)

I have first hand experience of going up against a S/C VTR at York RWYB ! Fooking quick little buggers but what do you expect when the car weighs less than a packet of crisps, an empty packet at that !
;)

Quote: Originally posted by lofty on 06 November 2002

fantastic revy peeky engine, good handeling but not huge grip by any means.
MMMM, 106 GTIs and VTSs have more grip than you could ever imagine, Id give them a lot of respect I can eat up practically any car on tight bends/roundaboouts in my Pug, especially RWD motors.....

Pug is good but did you read the Evo which raced a Zonda v pug round the bends?. The Zonda won , ok its a far more expensive super car smileys/smiley1">.

Chun.

Quote: Originally posted by Man-Chun on 07 November 2002

Pug is good but did you read the Evo which raced a Zonda v pug round the bends?. The Zonda won , ok its a far more expensive super car ">.

Chun.
Id hope so seeing as it is 100 times more expensive.......:confused:

Clio 1.8 16v

i aint seen him yet or spoke to him but it is a vtr at said it on the side.couldnt talk to him because the coppers were speakin to him but he only looked about 12 and was about 5stone!! i am 13stone 6ft1 and my mate who is 12n half stone so i suppose weight could of had some thing to do with it to hey?