ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wales Charity Black Mountain Run In Memory of Lee Davies.

Fiesta ST-3
First off I would like to get some thanking done.

• I would like to thank N2Grafix for supplying the decals to us free of charge.
  • I would like to that Cliosport for supplying us with a banner.
  • I would like to thank Craig and Tom from Clio197.net for all their help.
  • A big thanks to the West Midlands lot for making the effort.
  • And finally I would like to thank each and every one of you that attended today and everyone else that donated via the just giving site.We managed to raise £190 today with just attendance monies and a further £88 via the just giving web site. With a total monies raised so far of £278!!!!
So thank you to each and every one of you.

Ok So todays meet. It started off dry and got wetter and wetter as the day went on but it certainly did not affect numbers or peoples spirits with 20 + cars in attendance.

We all met in the Merthyr shopping complex next to Pizza hut the same as last time, then did our route of the black mountains. Here are my pictures of the meet. Sadly I got none on top of the mountain it was raining that hard. Just ask Owen.

Anyways thank you all again. Anyone wanting to make a donation or would like a decal I have about 17 left so drop me a PM.

http://www.justgiving.com/RB182CUP-FF

Pictures.

One fine looking Nimbus and not much else

7328783084_f10fe97235_b.png

1 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Sticker Application :p

7328779066_322a6e08af_b.png

2 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Two members of One Direction IIRC.

7328772854_c743cae372_b.png

3 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Memorial decal supplied by N2Grafix

7328769536_7c4b421e05_b.png

4 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

197 gay boys

7328767346_235858e01e_b.png

5 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Dirty 200

7328763920_41c08735f3_b.png

6 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Tasty Trophy

7328760854_2bf791ef47_b.png

7 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Common LY

7328757198_929bb4d7a3_b.png

8 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

The grumpiest Matt you will ever meet

7328752940_9ce186c66e_b.png

9 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Nice

7328751060_855c479d9f_b.png

10 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Some lads pretending they think they know what they are doing

7328748802_07e4f8c62f_b.png

11 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Nice line up

7328745556_fab59a2d90_b.png

12 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Some randoms I found

7328742418_bb75b10f03_b.png

13 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

More random, this time with me pretending I know them. Found me?

7328739518_57aea903d5_b.jpg

15 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

7328736634_1ff4261e9c_b.jpg

16 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

7328734908_e7218102df_b.png

17 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

7328731694_2ea3c68e88_b.png

18 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Thanks for a brilliant day and turn out guys. Lee would be proud.

Feel free to update the thread with your pictures.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
That last weird looking dude was round the back of my car sniffing my exhaust pipes iirc. Sicko.

Just want to add my own thanks to Scott and Matt for organising, Adz for the graphics, the Midlands guys and gals for making a hell of a trek over, the 197 boys and finally Lee's cousin and her friends for supporting the day.

Cymru am byth.

Focus RS + S3
Brilliant meet today. Glad to see we raised sum cash for a very worthy cause,

Just need the weather to ease so i can fit my stickers lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Was a good turnout. Good banner picture. Look forward to seeing more pictures :)

fantastic amount rasied!!!, well done guys and gals.......sorry me and mark only came to the meet and didnt join you for the drive but as some of you know we had a christining in the afternoon atleast we came to see you off and donated,

nice pictures....have to say the one with all of you with banner is my fav coz we always just have them of the cars so makes a great change.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Was really good of you both to come even though you had another engagement Christine, proper club spirit right there

Fiesta ST-3
Was really good of you both to come even though you had another engagement Christine, proper club spirit right there

This tbh. If a meet is organised you know Christine and Mark will be there no questions asked!

Fantastic meet will get pics up later, nice to meet some familiar faces, new faces but also send off someone, RIP.

I'll personally be donating more so please save a sticker for me Scott :)

Was a good day, the convoy looked fantastic, shame about the weather but we can always do it again!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Got back 10 mins ago...11 hours and 50 mins since setting off!!! Was great day, Thanks to Scott and Matt W for organising. Thanks to the lads and lasses from the West Mids as it was a fair trek over today. Thanks to Ady for the stickers...might be contacting you in near future for some graphics. Thanks to Mother Nature for some beautiful scenery and Thanks to everyone for their warm welcome to us from over the border.

Will get Mandy's pictures downloaded in a bit as still knackered from drive...so grabbing a cuppa then will get downloading.

Thanks once again to EVERYONE!!!!! :approve:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well done boys and girls!

£278 is a great start. FCS and CSS will bump this up further.

Im very proud of you all.

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
£278!!! Loving that!!!

Great day considering the weather!

Not so sure of the "197 gay boys" caption under the photo of me mind

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Very well done everyone, brilliant turn out.

Made a nice change to see actual people instead of just cars, every meet should make the effort to do the same

Clio 182 Trophy, 205 GTi
First off massive thanks for being so welcoming - it can be a little daunting meeting a bunch of people for the first time! Shame about the weather, the convoy would've been a good sight if there wasn't so much fog. Feel sorry for those cyclists out in that though! Had a great time today, should make it an annual event.

Many thanks, Adam (the other guy with a Trophy!)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
This was a great day. Thanks to all that organized it and also everyone that turned up.
Even the Welsh made us welcome...ish :p
Ad if you see this, get a picture of our B&Q mod up as it could be the next big CS trend, it does look mighty impressive.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
This was a great day. Thanks to all that organized it and also everyone that turned up.
Even the Welsh made us welcome...ish :rasp:
Ad if you see this, get a picture of our B&Q mod up as it could be the next big CS trend, it does look mighty impressive.

Matt, you're not trying to beat the 'Bucket Mod' are you? ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Both me and my wife were made redundant last Thursday (worked for the same firm) so something's got to go so I can pay the bills I'm afraid. Wanted to take it out today as kind of one last trip out.

Ah I see. That is very sad. Sorry to hear it mate. I'm sure things will get better eventually and you can get another renaultsport again in the future. :(

Gutted I missed this - only read about it last night

Met Lee at the last meet we had - cant believe this has happened!

Glad so many of you made the effort - my car is currently in pieces so would have been difficult to attend anyway, will have to try and do another run after FCS

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I have to admit. We should do another run again. I will bring my 182 along too as I should be able to fuel the thing next time round :( and have another picture with possibly more cars and the banner again ;)

If it wasn't for the rain today the whole day would have been even better. ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
This is true my jeans are still soaked

My hoody is too. Don't know why I'm still wearing it to be honest..... Joke.

Those roads would be awesome in the dry. The venga buses tyres in the dry are immense ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
My hoody is too. Don't know why I'm still wearing it to be honest..... Joke.

Those roads would be awesome in the dry. The venga buses tyres in the dry are immense ;)

My hoody had a quick drying session in the loos in Tesco...

I do think those roads would be SO much better in the dry with less camper bloody vans and cara bloody vans!

Although the old bird in the red nissan was surprisingly strange how she wasn't even looking while trying to pull out of a junction into my path when I had the right of way!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Here's one picture I took off my phone. Love it.

Whilst I was in the venga bus waiting to depart whilst Adam web diagnosed the fault to be a leaf under toms bonnet. Haha. Quality. :)

d5cde90a-d3a9-acc9.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
The fog was mental. I've driven that road 10+ times and couldn't recognise the corners at the top!