ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wales Charity Black Mountain Run In Memory of Lee Davies.

M140i
Looks like it was a good day apart from the weather, great amount raised so far :) Glad I could help such a worthy cause, RIP Lee...

Now added to our facebook page, hopefully may raise some more.

Last edited:
  GW RS 200
I didn't get that many pictures today with the rain being sideways and all, but it was a cracking day all the same. Tom I don't know how your kept you car on the road with those tyres you had on!!

The Stickers
IMG_1396.jpg

Everyone gathered at Tesco at the end of the day
IMG_1428.jpg

And from the other side...
IMG_1427.jpg

On the drive down
IMG_0795.jpg

No car was going to stay clean in this weather...
IMG_1409.jpg

Everyone at the meeting point...just before Tom left to find some petrol....and took 40 minutes!!!
IMG_0796.jpg

Sharky
IMG_1399.jpg

Christine hiding from the camera
IMG_1402.jpg

B&Q has all the bits you'll ever need to fix a Clio
IMG_1401.jpg

Caption competition!!
IMG_0798.jpg

A quick Instagram shot as we left the top car park
IMG_0800.jpg

And a final shot of the best 200 going....I may be a bit biased with that statement!
IMG_0803.jpg

Great meet, well organised, great support, wicked pictures and nice to finally meet a lot of you.

Need I say more?

Here are some of Chris' pictures from the drive up and mine from the car park at Pizza Hut.

7334352212_bbdc12a51d_z.png

MB 172 Cup by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334351520_2eaa2c4474_z.png

Silver 182 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334350908_b2d849fb53_z.png

Blue 182 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334350298_c23a95c56b_z.png

Silver 182 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334349730_54ce38164d_z.png

7334349242_07330f787c_z.png

Black 182 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334348548_2170efee4c_z.png

Webby by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334348112_be81b25170_z.png

LE55 FAT by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334347484_6eb269767d_z.png

Mharvey by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334346948_1d6e6ea4b5_z.png

MB 172 & Venga Bus 197 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334345622_ba2233a4b1_z.png

7334344890_d281e35d3b_z.png

Meganes by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334344308_78a8e5d5a7_z.png

Trophy and RB 182 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334343478_43e655832f_z.png

LY 182 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7334346264_7de4a3785f_z.png

Black 182 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Some good pictures there Tom. ;) was good to learn a few basics with the camera. Cheers.

Octavia VRS LE
Some good photos there. Was again a very good meet, enjoyed it a lot even if the weather was crap. Deffo needs to be a yearly thing for help the heroes. And to remember lee who was a top guy.

Would like to say thanks to Scott for giving me a second sticker as im a noob and didn't dry it properly and the M came off, once its dryer I will stick the new one on. Look forward to the next meet.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The RB was my favourite car there. Looked great with 2118's on it too. Was jealous to say the least :(

Octavia VRS LE
That's Owens, got throttle bodies too. Is always a nice and clean car don't think iv ever seen it dirty. Top bloke too.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's Owens, got throttle bodies too. Is always a nice and clean car don't think iv ever seen it dirty. Top bloke too.

It looked very tidy. I liked the 1.2 bullets too. ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hi folks, apologies for arriving a little late to this thread...

I'm not one for words (much) but I think I can safely say that Lee would have thoroughly enjoyed the meet. It was a great way to remember Lee and recognise what he's done for us (along with a lot of other brave souls out there). I only had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions but nonetheless I'm glad I had that pleasure of sharing a word or two with him.

Many thanks to all those who made this happen - from organisers to attendees. The weather was less then ideal but what an absolutely fantastic and lifting response! It was great to see so many people out and paying their respects, and it was/is great to hear that so much has been raised to date. I enjoyed myself and it was great to see a few familiar faces again (as well as some new ones). Great to catch up with my boy band colleague Owen, too (thanks Scott)... :D

I only got a few photos from meet up at Merthyr due to the poor weather and I'll post these later.

My only regret is that I lost everyone on the return journey and had no idea where folks had gone. :( I would have loved to have been a part of the photo and banner line-up at Tesco's but sadly couldn't find you. I was under the impression that we were heading back to the starting point at Merthyr hence returned there and nipped to the loo. But everyone else went straight on! LOL! I did actually go hunting around and asked a few folks if they'd seen a bunch of Renaultsports but I just got funny looks or blatantly ignored! LOL! But nevermind, it didn't detract from a great day.

Cheers,
Andy

Fiesta ST-3

I'm not one for words (much) but I think I can safely say that Lee would have thoroughly enjoyed the meet. It was a great way to remember Lee and recognise what he's done for us (along with a lot of other brave souls out there). I only had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions but nonetheless I'm glad I had that pleasure of sharing a word or two with him.

Many thanks to all those who made this happen - from organisers to attendees. The weather was less then ideal but what an absolutely fantastic and lifting response! It was great to see so many people out and paying their respects, and it was/is great to hear that so much has been raised to date. I enjoyed myself and it was great to see a few familiar faces again (as well as some new ones). Great to catch up with my boy band colleague Owen, too (thanks Scott)... :D

I only got a few photos from meet up at Merthyr due to the poor weather and I'll post these later.

My only regret is that I lost everyone on the return journey and had no idea where folks had gone. :( I would have loved to have been a part of the photo and banner line-up at Tesco's but sadly couldn't find you. I was under the impression that we were heading back to the starting point at Merthyr hence returned there and nipped to the loo. But everyone else went straight on! LOL! I did actually go hunting around and asked a few folks if they'd seen a bunch of Renaultsports but I just got funny looks or blatantly ignored! LOL! But nevermind, it didn't detract from a great day.

Cheers,
Andy

I asked someone where you had gone mate? They said you had to leave as you were driving up to Newcastle lol.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I asked someone where you had gone mate? They said you had to leave as you were driving up to Newcastle lol.
That was indeed the plan, Scott... but I was planning on making the trip *after* the meet had finished! :D But not to worry mate - had a great time and it was good to see so many people out. Let's do it again sometime. :D

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly I didn't get many pictures (and none from on the mountain due to the poor conditions) but here they are. Don't forget that folks can still donate to a very worthy cause... http://www.justgiving.com/RB182CUP-FF

7338393906_1e4bd146d1_o.jpg

20120603_memorial_01 by SharkyUK, on Flickr

7338393390_ef38ef6b2d_o.jpg

20120603_memorial_02 by SharkyUK, on Flickr

7338392430_431274b75f_o.jpg

20120603_memorial_03 by SharkyUK, on Flickr

7338391528_0050a65fa2_o.jpg

20120603_memorial_04 by SharkyUK, on Flickr

7338390334_5bc44692ff_o.jpg

20120603_memorial_05 by SharkyUK, on Flickr

7338389212_6804496ed2_o.jpg

20120603_memorial_06 by SharkyUK, on Flickr

7338388372_20b33a68f2_o.jpg

20120603_memorial_07 by SharkyUK, on Flickr

7338387384_fe7975e269_o.jpg

20120603_memorial_08 by SharkyUK, on Flickr

7338394820_b64937f820_o.jpg

20120603_memorial_09 by SharkyUK, on Flickr

clio 182

Cheers,
Andy

u shoulda kept up. Lol, i tried but i dont like corners at the mo, need new bushes so i skip round corners. Lol.it was great to meet every1. Thanks guys. Xx

Last edited:
  Suzuki Jimny
Managed to get a couple of pictures of why we were held up slightly...

Good lane control.
da6ddf10.jpg

20mph.

6cca352f.jpg

Ahhh, that was you Matt! Every time you pulled out onto the other side of the road to take a look, my heart went into my mouth lol.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ahhh, that was you Matt! Every time you pulled out onto the other side of the road to take a look, my heart went into my mouth lol.

Suicidal Matt you should be nicknamed. Haha.

Owen

ClioSport Admin

That's probably my fault, I thought that you'd heard Don shout that we were going to Tesco when we were in the last lay-by, so when you pulled into McD's I assumed you were grabbing food and heading up to your mates in Newcastle.

Good to see you again mate, I'll def say hello at Wilton House this year!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
u shoulda kept up. Lol, i tried but i dont like corners at the mo, need new bushes so i skip round corners. Lol.it was great to meet every1. Thanks guys. Xx
LOL! Keeping up in my pink shed wasn't a problem... :D ...the problem was more that I needed to empty my bladder!

That's probably my fault, I thought that you'd heard Don shout that we were going to Tesco when we were in the last lay-by, so when you pulled into McD's I assumed you were grabbing food and heading up to your mates in Newcastle.

Good to see you again mate, I'll def say hello at Wilton House this year!
No mate, it's not your fault - these things happen. It was cold, wet, windy and miserable up in the valley (and that was just me!) so it was easy to miss the message that Don shouted out. Anyways, it was great to catch up (the Newcastle trip was postponed incidentally!) and see you at Wilton all being well. I've just bought a ticket so no excuses. I'll be in the PH parking area again and my Ferrari collection will be just inside the main entrance to the estate... :rasp: