ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want a hands-free set.

Clio 182
Looking for some hands-free sets where you can actually play music via bluetooth from your phone, similar to Parrot MKi9200, but I don't want to pay £150 for one without finding other alternatives.
What kits do you guys use or do you know of any others?
Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Fit an aftermarket stereo.

Bluetooth/DAB etc is all common stuff now.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I used to have a connects2 box that had an ipod lead, usb and aux in cable that replaced the cd changer. I bought a cheap aux to bluetooth connector and used the usb port to power it. Bluetooth streaming worked perfectly through the aux input and everything looked fully OEM.

Listerine & Poledo
How OEM do you want?

Because for what you're asking for you're likely to end up with some sort of control box / panel somewhere on your dash. It's all good for wanting to "retain the OEM look" but the stock unit is pretty poor.

Some options
Adapter to OEM unit - £100
Add-on handsfree - £90 (requires SOT lead)
Headunit - £90 (would require a patch lead to retain stalk controls)

Of course there are hundreds of different ways of doing what you're looking for, these are just 3 at the cheaper-end of things

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Also despite it running on the original headunit you won't get song names or any info on the LCD display

Listerine & Poledo
Also despite it running on the original headunit you won't get song names or any info on the LCD display
Very true.

Although swapping out the head unit at all, you'll need to be choosy over parts and cables to retain that dash-top display saying anything other than time/temp and RENAULT

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't find a way to get it working with anything on my 182 to be honest.
Think I found one patch cable that maybe linked into the LCD unit, but then wasn't able to find a headunit that actually outputs anything to show on the screen???

Also I think you need to take the dash apart to access the LCD wiring?

In the end I gave up caring, having the steering wheel controls work was good enough.

Clio 182
I used to have a connects2 box that had an ipod lead, usb and aux in cable that replaced the cd changer. I bought a cheap aux to bluetooth connector and used the usb port to power it. Bluetooth streaming worked perfectly through the aux input and everything looked fully OEM.
Thats another thing.. i dont want to get rid off cd changer [emoji16]

Clio 182
How OEM do you want?

Because for what you're asking for you're likely to end up with some sort of control box / panel somewhere on your dash. It's all good for wanting to "retain the OEM look" but the stock unit is pretty poor.

Some options
Adapter to OEM unit - £100
Add-on handsfree - £90 (requires SOT lead)
Headunit - £90 (would require a patch lead to retain stalk controls)

Of course there are hundreds of different ways of doing what you're looking for, these are just 3 at the cheaper-end of things
I dont mind having a little lcd screen somewhere on dash, ill look in to the first two options.

Clio 182
Been looking and seen parrot mki9100. Its a bit cheaper and older but i seem to like the simple and small screen, as long as it shows song name and whos calling im happy.
My mate had a Motorola tk30 in his which i liked but cannot find one for sale anywhere..

Listerine & Poledo
I couldn't find a way to get it working with anything on my 182 to be honest.
Think I found one patch cable that maybe linked into the LCD unit, but then wasn't able to find a headunit that actually outputs anything to show on the screen???

Also I think you need to take the dash apart to access the LCD wiring?

In the end I gave up caring, having the steering wheel controls work was good enough.

In the 172 I had to get a £70 cable from Alpine, and it only worked with £200+ head units at the time. It was a nice-to-have but didn't take much effort to wire in, it all just fitted in-line with existing cables.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
In the 172 I had to get a £70 cable from Alpine, and it only worked with £200+ head units at the time. It was a nice-to-have but didn't take much effort to wire in, it all just fitted in-line with existing cables.

The headunit itself was compatible with Renaults LCD system or do some have a generic visual output part that can be used across a range of cars?

Listerine & Poledo
The headunit itself was compatible with Renaults LCD system or do some have a generic visual output part that can be used across a range of cars?
It'll be a listed feature on the headunit "remote display compatible" or similar.
Then you need the clio-specific adapter lead to carry that data to the display. It didn't need "programming" or anything.

For alpine the keyword is "OEM Sub-display Ready". Then a long debate with Alpine Europe to get the right cables