ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Was All Going Well Until....!

Ok I snap engine mounts on gearboxs after a owning the car for a week so here goes:

New Gearbox, Clutch, Clutch Cable, Few Gaitors (Sun Roof Sorted Next Wk) 17" Alloys (Going Cheap One Day Couldnt Missout On)

Think To myself this motors turning Bk into a minter

Then I realise theres knocking coming from the car cant find source. So I take passenger wheel off & the bloody hub bolt is loose & so is the brake disk. I tighten up then a few miles later it knocks again then I check it & its loose.

Anyone help with this problem........?

clio 20v

its a nyloc hub nut , might be well past its best, u getin any rumbling from the bearing or is there any play in the wheel when jacked up

if so bearing is shagged but try a new nut first

adi

Yeah its definately the hub nut. I had the same problem with mine. There about a £1 from Renault but because mine kept coming loose it shagged the bearing so i changed that aswell.

Dazz

P.S i know the feeling about the engine mount going and taking the gearbox with it mines just done the same. Thing is i only changed the box about 3 months ago.....DOH

Ill try the hub nut first. Is this a common problem the engine mounts cause I dont want it to keep breaking, because its a pain in the arse to fixs