ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washed, dried, clayed, polished, sealed, waxed pictures (56k)...

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Afternoon all.

I just thought I'd share my pictures with you after completing the above. It took me about 6 hours in total, and I'm extremely happy with the results. It was the first time i had spent this long cleaning my car, and all i can say is that i dont want to do it again anytime soon...;)

Big thanks to Rich for his advice and guidance. Quik Clay really is the way forward!!

Enjoy...

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

Let me have your thoughts...

Thanks, Tyson.

MINI JCW
It looks fantastic, I have just done the inside of mine and after my football match tomorrow i shall do the outside (wont be spending six hours on it though!)

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
jesus, thats the cleanest ive ever seen! 6 hours! my arms would have dropped off by then! Good work fella

106 GTi
Fanatastic results, well worth the hard work and time, looks stunning.

Glad I could help.

Rich

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Thanks for your comments, the 182 is a special car, but extra special when it's really really clean!

Tyson.

172 Cup
Looks fantastic. Can you tell me more about the Quick Clay? Do you apply it to the whole of your car, or just the bumpers? Did you find that it removed a lot of dirt after cleaning? And when do you apply it? After washing and before waxing?

Golf GTI 1.8T
tooo clean!!!!

grrr wish min would look like that!

looks lovely, better than showroom!!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
pecan said:
Looks fantastic. Can you tell me more about the Quick Clay? Do you apply it to the whole of your car, or just the bumpers? Did you find that it removed a lot of dirt after cleaning? And when do you apply it? After washing and before waxing?

If you look at my thread title i washed my car in that order to get optimum shine. Wash you car first, then dry it completely. Then clay it.

Clay is wicked stuff, to test whether your car needs claying, wash you car, dry it, then 'touch' your paint, if it feels rough, then it needs claying.

Basically put the clay into warm water to keep soft, then lubricate your car with the solution provided, then rub the clay everywhere. I started with roof, and bonnet, then did every panel seperatly. Clay can damage your paint if you dont keep your car lubricated. You will see how much crap comes off you car, cos the clay should be semi-dirty.

After you have finished, your paint will feel like glass. It works so well! Try it and let us know how you get on.

Tyson.

172 Cup
Thanks Tyson, I have just spent a load of money on car cleaning products.. I have yet to buy the Clay tho, I will get it asap and give it a whirl.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Well done mate, It is really hard going spending that much time on it, but it looks stunning! great feeling as well when your all done :D

nice one!

Clio 04 172 Cup
looks stunning well worth the hard work! Where do you get this clay from? I have to say Im a big Auto Glym fan and have never heard of this Clay stuff.

106 GTi
mini ripper said:
looks stunning well worth the hard work! Where do you get this clay from? I have to say Im a big Auto Glym fan and have never heard of this Clay stuff.

Most big Halfords sell it as part of the Meguiars range.

Other wise online at somewhere like www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

Lux'd Glacier White R26
_Kenny_ said:
Looks like Rich has been cleaning that! Quality job mate

Rich's advise got me those results. Very pleased with it, but no doubt it will be filthy soon...I hate this English weather!

At least when you just washed it and dry it, it still shines as though you have polished and waxed it again!

Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
pecan said:
Thanks Tyson, I have just spent a load of money on car cleaning products.. I have yet to buy the Clay tho, I will get it asap and give it a whirl.

I spent £85 on car cleaning products before i set out cleaning it! Its expensive stuff, but well worth the results. The neighbours were getting very worried, because i kept 'touching' my paint. Clay is awesome!

Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Rich, would you advise re-doing all that i did, every 3 months? Or would you top up with wax every month?

Tyson.

106 GTi
I clay once or maybe twice year. Deep polish once a year, and reapply the sealant once every 3 - 6 months. Then just wash, quick detail and wax in between.

Full Fat 182
Gave mine the treatment after receiving the Harlys Wax from Alex. Really good stuff, easy on/off and the finish is fantastic.

Attachments

• DSC00112.JPG
    DSC00112.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00111.JPG
    DSC00111.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 71
  • New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG