ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer bottle Cleaner

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Pretty sure my washer bottle is full of gunk thats blocking up the pumps, anyone had success using anything to clean it out without actually removing the thing?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Nah, just remove it as it's easier and the time spent messing about with some elaborate cleaning method you could have removed it, cleaned it, put it back and had a brew😂

Clio Sport
Pretty sure my washer bottle is full of gunk thats blocking up the pumps, anyone had success using anything to clean it out without actually removing the thing?
put denture tablets in the bottle let them soak for a while..put a hosepipe in let it run for 5 minutes...if that doesn't work,your pumps are knackered ,the rubber inside expands over time...Renault wanted £50 per pump ,i bought 2 from euro parts for £20 (discount code..)Part 488545050..(Clio 182) both pumps are the same ..i used a windscreen wiper removal tool you'll definitely need one...

Clio Sport
put denture tablets in the bottle let them soak for a while..put a hosepipe in let it run for 5 minutes...if that doesn't work,your pumps are knackered ,the rubber inside expands over time...Renault wanted £50 per pump ,i bought 2 from euro parts for £20 (discount code..)Part 488545050..(Clio 182) both pumps are the same ..i used a windscreen wiper removal tool you'll definitely need one...
The Europart pumps on mine are not like the genuine ones..sometimes they have a debate on whether to send water to the right screen..I did save £80 so I don't mind waiting a few seconds...they're getting better..

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Removed the bottle and dropped one in with some hot water and a swirl. Did a great job

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Nah, just remove it as it's easier and the time spent messing about with some elaborate cleaning method you could have removed it, cleaned it, put it back and had a brew😂

Then admire all the cuts on your hands from trying to get the fucker out!!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@Archtronics

I came across a fantastic way to clean them the other day.

From this

1573493655231.png

To this

1573493674648.png

This is what the guy did.

"I basically just gave it a wash and rinse with your standard washing up liquid and then soaked it overnight in a bucket of hot water with bleach and washing up liquid inside. Rinsed it all out the next day and it came up like that"