ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer bottle emptying itself.

VW Potato

yesterday, I brimmed the Clios (empty) washer bottle, then gave my screen a quick squirt. Four hours later, i went back to the car to find a big puddle by the offside front tyre. I traced the puddle back to the spoiler (dripping), the offside fog light surround, the fog light, up the bumper and to the offside washer nozzle. Its got what looks like a permanent weep, with water trickling out of it. I checked the washer bottle and guess what - empty. At least I now know where the leak is...

g

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 19 January 2005
is it headlight washer ?

Mine is. Its pissing out and running all the way along the splitter leaving a massive puddle in my garage and on the car park at work. Its the drivers side one on mine which is leaking.

Ill wait for the 12k service and they can fix it then.

Mine cracked on my 172 and Renault wanted around £140 to replace it, bottle itself was something like £90(?) major Rip off.

to get at it you have to remove wipers take the plastic strip off between bonnet and windscreen then remove the whole wiper assembly, but then thats Renault design for ya.

friend of mine did it for 30-40 in the end just patched up the old bottle tho.

VW Potato

yes chaps, it is the headlight washer. (Apologies, I didnt make that clear in my post).

I could do without it happening now as I need to drive to Nottingham tomorrow and someone else has booked the company hack, so my spine will be shaped like a cork screw by the time I get there, as well as having a filthy screen. Drat (just remember, got some Rain-X somewhere!)

g