ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washing Car..

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I've neglected the clio over the past few months due to the weather. Now the sun is finally out, want to get the car cleaned before it turns miserable again. I saw a thread on here a while back where a guy had washed his recented painted spoiler and the paint started to flake off. Not sure if this was due to him being aggressive, or due to a poor paint job. Anyway, my rear bumper was sprayed this week, picked it up wednesday and this will be its 1st wash. Would it be safe to use a pressure washer? Forgive me if i sound like a t**t, just don't want to ruin a fresh paint job! Hope this is the right section.. Cheers

DCi 100
I usually just use the pressure washer at a 45 degree angle, about 30-50cm away from the paintwork.

Should be reet, leave it till wednesday if your really scared of cocking it up. Did they bake it etc in a low oven or?

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
If anyone got any thoughts on this would be helpful for me also, had my rear bumper re-sprayed, picked the car up today...

Any guidance as to how long to wait before washing etc would be great!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ive took paint off a brand new £25k car before with a hude industrial hot pressure washer :eek: . Never done it on my own car though with a normal ~100bar home pw.

If anyone got any thoughts on this would be helpful for me also, had my rear bumper re-sprayed, picked the car up today...

Any guidance as to how long to wait before washing etc would be great!

Is that your phone number in you user name?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Cheers lads, didn't bother using a pressure washer in the end, just good old buckets of water lol. Didn't use anything on the bumper either just incase.

If it's been painted properly you can easily use a pressure washer on it without taking the paint off. I jetwash cars at work straight out of the oven, never had paint peel off once.

Fiat Coupe 16V Turbo
Hi everyone,

Kinda strange to post here as my first post, but i just signed up and came by this thread looking up info on the RS ph1.

I own a detailing company (doesn't matter which one, not here for commercial reasons), and normally advise people to wait with polishing the paint for 14 days after respray. If using a HP washer, do this on safe distance (like at least 60cm). Better to just spray water over the car and wash it with a washmitt though. The HP washer will smash the water on the dirts, dirts on the paint resulting in minor imperfections.

Bye!

Mart